Hardware PSP2 (NGP) Size Comparison

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Stronger components take more space and need a big-arse battery. I see no problem in the size though, it's not supposed to fit in your pocket - it's supposed to be kept in a case, and said case in your bag. Presto, size problem solved.

xDarkAngelx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
Size doesn't bother me 1 bit considering what the system is packing.

+1

Seriously, if you want more power you'll need to get over the Goddamn size.

Personally for me it's not a problem, I can fit a PS3 game case in my pocket (and a controller with it at the same time), plus I have huge man hands o_o

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Where's the DSi XL? WTF Kotaku...

161mm. a bit smaller than the PSP.

QUOTE(themuddaload @ Apr 22 2011, 09:47 PM) To everyone who says the NGP is not portable...

Straight from Merriam-webster's site:
[title:Definition]Definition of PORTABLE
a : capable of being carried or moved about b : characterized by portability c : usable on many computers with little or no modification
archaic : bearable
So, for something to be considered portable, it just needs to be small/light enough that one can carry it without assistance.

Therefore, by definition, the NGP will definitely be "portable."

the Virtual Boy was portable too

Jahjah440

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is one big device, i'm going to need to wear baggy cargo pants/shorts all the time
laugh.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I always hear people saying the 3DS is bulky... Pfft.

I mean it's crazy how they can get something with so much power to be that small, but it's barely a portable. The analog sticks that pop out don't help either.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still smaller than the first model of the Lynx, man that thing was huge. And it sucked batteries like a mofo.

So you can't fit the NGP into the pockets of your two sizes too small skinny jeans, you can still play it in the car, on the bus, on a plane, wherever.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Whyis everyone whining about the size. Looks fine to me. The brilliant screen and the power of this thing makes the size fine. I mean if it had a lot less power it would be smaller, but isn't that defeating the point of this system?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This system is portable. Hmm! If you have been thinking that portable = fits your pocket, then you're wrong. What about laptops? Portable computers? They don't fit in your pocket! Same goes for the NGP.

This system is pretty awesome in such a size. The only things I'm worried about is about overheating, the touch screen sensitivity (my xperia x10's capacitive is very irresponsive) and battery life. Which we will only know when it comes out.
tongue.gif

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
And yet people say they'll wait for a Lite version of the 3DS. Do they realize it would have to be a keychain at that point?
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, the bigger the better.

I want handhelds to be big. Not like console sized but big enough so I get a larger screen and more room for buttons and stuff. I really don't see size as a portability factor since most any "handheld" will fit into a backpack (and you can carry a backpack with stuff most places). Considering not many devices are comfortably pocket sized (like the only ones I would say are good pocket size are the GBA Micro and PSP Go), they might as well shoot out of the pocket range.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
You know what, the bigger the better.

I want handhelds to be big. Not like console sized but big enough so I get a larger screen and more room for buttons and stuff. I really don't see size as a portability factor since most any "handheld" will fit into a backpack (and you can carry a backpack with stuff most places). Considering not many devices are comfortably pocket sized (like the only ones I would say are good pocket size are the GBA Micro and PSP Go), they might as well shoot out of the pocket range.

Slight exaggeration; my DS lite fits nicely into my pocket but my psp 1000 is a pretty tight fit. I'm not particularly bothered about this however and I also usually carry a bag around with me. The NGP however looks slightly rediculous, this site has a nice comparison with the DSi XL, which was in my opinion way too big, and it's even wder. Considering the power it's going to have and the same battery life as the 3DS it's also going to weigh quite a lot more than other handhelds, I just can't see it being comfortable to play with for large lengths of time.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supersonicmonk said:
Slight exaggeration; my DS lite fits nicely into my pocket but my psp 1000 is a pretty tight fit. I'm not particularly bothered about this however and I also usually carry a bag around with me. The NGP however looks slightly rediculous, this site has a nice comparison with the DSi XL, which was in my opinion way too big, and it's even wder. Considering the power it's going to have and the same battery life as the 3DS it's also going to weigh quite a lot more than other handhelds, I just can't see it being comfortable to play with for large lengths of time.

I wonder why it's called the DSi XL then?

I'd rather have something big and bulky to play with for hours than a device that gives me headaches after half the time.

OH I WENT THERE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk