PSP2 "NGP" Rewritable Game cards

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by DigitalDeviant, Jan 28, 2011.

1. DigitalDeviant
    OP

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    Sony will be using Game cards based on flash cart technology. In short rewritable game carts(with restrictions) will be a reality!

[​IMG]

excerpt:

"Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store full software titles plus add-on game content or game save data."

"New Game Medium
    NGP adopts a new game medium, a small, flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store full software titles plus add-on game content or game save data. By adopting a flash memory based card solution, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games."

Source

2. Pyrmon

Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Sep 25, 2010
    Canada
    Montreal
    Do you mind if I post this in news with the correct template? Or do you want to do it yourself?

3. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    You post it pyrmon24, I don't want to seem like I'm double posting, especially since I have yet to learn what the correct template is. (just give credit to me, tee hee.)

4. Pyrmon

Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Sep 25, 2010
    Canada
    Montreal
    Sure, I'll do it. As for the template thing, it's here

5. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation