Gaming PSP

monopoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just got a new Slim Daxter PSP. I am just wondering what cool things I can do with my 60gig model PS3 and my PSP. I am aware of the ability to load PS1 games on the PS3 to the PSP.

Is there anything else cool that the PS3 and the PSP can do together. By the way I don't have custom firmware on my PSP yet unfortunately
frown.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Not having the custom fw is fine right now. I suggest you activate your PSP via the Playstation Network in order to play the demos or watching downloaded videos.

Also, you can try the Remote Play option, as far as I know it basically allows you to play your PS3 games on the PSP without even turning on the TV, imagine that! (there seems to be a minor due the WiFi reception though).

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not having the custom fw is fine right now. I suggest you activate your PSP via the Playstation Network in order to play the demos or watching downloaded videos.

Also, you can try the Remote Play option, as far as I know it basically allows you to play your PS3 games on the PSP without even turning on the TV, imagine that! (there seems to be a minor due the WiFi reception though).
Random question. How to activate my psp through playstation network? I'm pretty sure that i haven't done that hmh..

And btw is it normal that remote play lags? It's a straight connection between ps3 and psp, so it shouldn't lag?

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the lag is the time it takes to transfer the image. you are gonna have a 2-3 frame lag regardless.

and dude, you should hack that thing. no psp is complete without a shitload of emulators on it.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

Random question. How to activate my psp through playstation network? I'm pretty sure that i haven't done that hmh..

And btw is it normal that remote play lags? It's a straight connection between ps3 and psp, so it shouldn't lag?

You activate it in the same screen as you activate your PS3. BUT I couldn't activate mine (before returning my PS3), because it actually installs something on your Flash, I was afraid it could overwrhite something on my 3.71 M-334, so I didn't do it.
About remote play, couldn't try it, as it requires the latest PSP firmware (currently 3.8, still no custom for that one).
I have read some post that mentioned Lair having a slight lag, it wasn't much because it was still fully playable.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You activate it in the same screen as you activate your PS3. BUT I couldn't activate mine (before returning my PS3), because it actually installs something on your Flash, I was afraid it could overwrhite something on my 3.71 M-334, so I didn't do it.
About remote play, couldn't try it, as it requires the latest PSP firmware (currently 3.8, still no custom for that one).
I have read some post that mentioned Lair having a slight lag, it wasn't much because it was still fully playable.

ok thanks. Maybe i'll try it later, even though i don't have any psx games bought for ps3. .p Running on 3.72 HX-2 and waiting for 3.80 m33

monopoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think the only way I can hack mine is with a Pandora's Battery.

Unfortunately I have no friends that have a PSP so I can't make my own.

I am forced to buy one cause they seem to be unable to software hack it.

At least thats what I was told I am not sure how accurate that is.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah I think the only way I can hack mine is with a Pandora's Battery.

Unfortunately I have no friends that have a PSP so I can't make my own.

I am forced to buy one cause they seem to be unable to software hack it.

At least thats what I was told I am not sure how accurate that is.

Pandora's Battery is just a battery with a leg cut out in a part of the chip. It is a software hack since it uses a memory stick to load the firmware.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a way to pandora-ize batteries that's repairable, you cut one of the circuit board things instead, and then remake the connection with a pencil. It works great, it's how I modded my PSP Slim.

monopoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm just buying mine from a website. I'm not one for much soldering stuff since I never was any good at it.

So I just buy my hacking items lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b