Hardware PSP X button Help!!!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know why, but my psp's x button presses itself especially when i move it. Does anybody know how to fix it?
Luckily for you the PSP is extremely easy to open. open it up remove the rubber button pad (if it's the 1000 model) and clean it or if its PSP 2000+ remove the button pad from the screen clean it with warm water and soap then unplug the clear button pad from the board and re seat it.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I approve of the above, but use clean spirit instead of water (big no-no, why introduce moisture when you don't have to?), clean both the rubber pad and the PCB pads. ;)

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
I use a Lighter Fluid. I've always been using it since my NES days. Just don't soak it or anything. Use a cotton swab (or cotton bud) to apply and clean.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I use a Lighter Fluid. I've always been using it since my NES days. Just don't soak it or anything. Use a cotton swab (or cotton bud) to apply and clean.
Acceptable on PCB's (though it is greasy and might cause problems with conductivity on pressure pads, I'd imagine), not so much on rubber - it's too strong of a solvent and it might damage the pad. I'd say alcohol'd be the way to go when it comes to button pads. :P

Reactions: nodnyl10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...