PSP Won't Acknowledge USB - HELP!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Gaisuto, Dec 17, 2008.

Dec 17, 2008
  1. Gaisuto
    OP

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Please. I need this fixed as soon as possible or I'm going to flip out. Not going to bother explaining why, but here's what's going on.

It's my friend's PSP. His USB on his PSP is completely ignoring all interaction with the computer. The only acknowledgment is that the "Charge while USB is plugged in" light is on the PSP. But when trying to connect to the computer through it, it just says on "Please wait..." forever. In the recovery menu, I notice if you choose "Toggle USB" it goes to Enabled by default, but it never stays on it whenever I leave that menu!

Please help!

2. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    If you have RemoteJoy on, then you may need to turn it off. I have experienced this problem before. You may also want to check to see if the correct drivers are installed on your computer.

3. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Just throwing an idea out there, have you tried turning it off completely(not just putting it in sleep) and then trying again? Other USB ports and try a different cable(all I can think of).

4. Gaisuto
    OP

United States
    I don't think he actually has ever used RemoteJoy... I'll look around though just to be sure.

Posts merged

All of his plugins are off, I don't think any of them are RemoteJoy.
    Also this problem is not just a computer, it happens on both our machines. My PSP works with my machine just fine. My cable works with my PSP just fine. It's all his.

5. TLSpartan

Australia
    It may be the memory stick(put yours in his and see what happens) and have you tried turning it off completely(I doubt this will work)?

6. Gaisuto
    OP

United States
    The memory stick displays when I plug it in directly into my laptop through the side slot. It's only the USB part, which is what I absolutely need to get working. And yes I've shut it on and off multiple times.

I know it most likely has to do with it not saving the "USB Enable" by default. Would you think updating the firmware might overwrite whatever's preventing it?

7. TLSpartan

Australia
    I think that would do the trick and if this doesn't work it sounds like the PSP is broken.

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    what firmware is installed?!

later firmwares support AUTO USB mode when you make the connection ...older firmwares you still have to enable it through the XMB interface under settings before the computer will see it [​IMG]

9. Valgreen

Member Valgreen GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    1) try different cable as well as different USB port on your pc (not a driver issue as PSP auto-detects as usb mass storage via default win/mac drivers)
    2) update firmware, if running CFW update to latest M33 (i believe 5.00 v4)
    3) disable auto-usb and try by manually going to usb connection

and if none of these work your psp's USB is borked, pull out the mem stick and stick it in your computer, by a 15 dollar card reader and away you go. card readers work faster anyways for file transfers than by going direct PSP-USB (atleast in my experience on numerous 1k's and 2k's)