Gaming PSP will not be able to use the PSN store next week

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind those icons or "craplets" since the XMB keeps them tucked away. I had a Japanese PSP which had a bunch of icons I didn't know what were for, didn't need, or probably couldn't use even if I wanted since I don't have Japanese PSN account. But I wasn't even mad.:mthr:

edit: thanks to the above user sharing the great news about US PSN store still working!
*collective sigh of relief (if you're in the US)*

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the store application itself is being removed, but your download list is still accessible. You can download wirelessly to your PSP. Just buy the games using a PS3/Website.

It appears that the PS Store application itself will be removed, but the background infrastructure will not. Players will still be able to purchase content for PSP via the Sony Entertainment Network Online Store, afterwhich purchased goods will appear on the PSP's download list.
:arrow: Gamespot

Reactions: zeello

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can the store application be removed without a system update? we were just told that the change is server side

unless you mean you connect to the store and you just get a blank screen and the option to redownload stuff you bought. But in that case why not let players buy stuff, since it's practically free money in your pocket.

the article confirms that NA is not affected at this time. Sweet! Thanks for posting the article.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow something really scary just happened. I connect to PSN store and it says to connect my PSP to a PS3 or PC using a USB cable. Even though I use a US account and live in the US.

I was just about to take a picture to prove it, but when I attempt to connect to PSN one more time to take the picture of the message, it actually connected me to the store. :x

Looks like I got a sneak peek of the future.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is. I was downloading a game and noticed the download stopped but I see this message. Dunno why.

It says USB Connection at the top left. So I'm guessing the PSP is programmed to go there if PSN doesnt work or maybe the PSN server redirects you to that part of the XMB.

I guess its just the message that appears if you pick USB connection from the XMB. So there was really no need for me to upload the photo. Silly me I guess.

Attachments

• _20140924_000349.JPG
    _20140924_000349.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 206

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up