Psp Slim question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by lum, Sep 27, 2008.

Sep 27, 2008

Psp Slim question by lum at 9:21 AM (916 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. lum
    OP

Member lum Hunter lvl

Australia
    Planning to finally get a psp slim, however, just a few questions before i dive in.

1. If I get an already hacked psp (in hong kong), is there a specific firmware I should look for to get? Will I still need the pandora battery or any extra equipment? (or is that stuff only needed for the hack from normal firmware to cfw?) and any specific colours I shouldn't get (apart from the Madden blue one).

2. How is Psp slim's emulation ability of SNES and PSX? That's probably the most important function it'd have for me. (SNES emu a LOT better than DS's?)

Thanks heaps!!

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I dont own a psp but i know that the psp has like perfect ps1 emulation.

3. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    1. If it's already hacked you can update it to the latest custom firmware without any extra gear. Getting it hacked is the hard part. After that everything is easy.

2. PSX is near perfect, SNES emu is miles better than the DS. Most things are perfectly playable. Other things like Megadrive and what not also run great.

4. shravz619

Newcomer shravz619 Newbie

Australia
    I have a psp and the emulation of PSX is almost perfect to perfect, definantley reliable.
    With the firmware, if its already hacked you wont be needing a pandoras battery or extra stuff, the firmware you should be aiming to get is "CFW 4.01 m33 " is one of the most current firmwares, its the firmware i am running and i am having no troubles at all. i am not sure about the SNES emulation .. sorry . =)

5. pepsibluehawk87

Member pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    To agree with the above, getting the newest CFW would be a good idea. But as also said above, you don't have to buy it that way because you can just update it yourself. You can get any color you want (even the madden blue), seeing as how your probably going to buy it hacked anyway.

PS1 emulation is great, most games will run no problem. SNES is also great, I love playing super mario world.

6. lum
    OP

Member lum Hunter lvl

Australia
    thanks everyone, probably gonna get one once the 3000 comes out so it'd be a couple of bucks cheaper [​IMG]