OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all!

I need some urgent help...

im thinking about purchasing a used PSP Slim 2001, and the seller tells me it has only 30 days of usage, which i dont believe.

I have the PSPs serial number, so, is there any way of finding the actual manufacturer date with this serial??

I remember PS2s had a way of finding which year and trimester the console was built based on a series of letters on the back.

Can i do somehting like that with PSP slim???

Also, any special recomendation concerning used PSPs??? Anything i should check so i dont get crossed over???

I have to close de deal today, so, any urgent help would be VERY appreciated!!

THANKS!!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well, you should check what firmware it has and ask the guy when he purchased it. If it's pretty new, then I wouldn't buy it since there's a good chance it will be unhackable.

mabhz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the reply. The guy says it was bought in october, but its already hacked with 5.0 - m33 (not sure what that means!!).

My main concern is that the PSPs serial number is sa00xxxxxxx-pso2010, which is something i couldnt find anywhere on any PSP forum or portal!!

Seems like there is no 2010 model! the last one is 2009!

Do you know anything about it??

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
mabhz said:
Thanks for the reply. The guy says it was bought in october, but its already hacked with 5.0 - m33 (not sure what that means!!).

My main concern is that the PSPs serial number is sa00xxxxxxx-pso2010, which is something i couldnt find anywhere on any PSP forum or portal!!

Seems like there is no 2010 model! the last one is 2009!

Do you know anything about it??

It means it already has Custom Firmware on it, so why the hell does it matter when it was manufactured or not?

I'm guessing you're doing a deal in person, so try it out for a bit just to make sure there's nothing wrong with it.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If the firmware has m33 at the end of it, that means it's custom firmware, which allows you to play .iso, .cso, and homebrew. The manufacturing date shouldn't even matter if it's already at CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.