Hacking Psp slim 3.71m33-4 problems

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Idk whats going on but it seems like some of my homebrew programs are working when they want to. Sometimes the snes tyl ME for slim works sometimes and same thing with other homebrew programs. I have a psp slim 2001 and 3.71m33-4 installed and when I go to certain programs like the snes it just freezes a the white screen that say PSP. My memory is 1gig sony ms pro duo magicgate. This is annoying as I have to power off the psp constantly back and forth. I understand some programs only work with the 1.5 kernel which isn't for slim right now but I have some programs that says its for slim specifically like daedulus.
Edit: Ok i think my umd drive is a problem. It doesn't move or makes anykind of movement when I turn my psp on. It used to work but now the drive seems dead. I haven't dropped it or anything.
frown.gif

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did all that. It works like about 20% of the time. I suspect its the umd drive because it makes absolutely no type or form of life. Usually when I turn teh psp on the laser moves and I can hear it, now I dont hear nothing. I tried to update and teh update doesnt even get past the psp logo. I tried messing with all the settings.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your UMD drive shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not your Homebrew boots though...I'm honestly stumped. Try using a Pandora's Batter and start all over with a fresh flash if you can.

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your UMD drive shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not your Homebrew boots though...I'm honestly stumped. Try using a Pandora's Batter and start all over with a fresh flash if you can.
Im stumped also. I formatted the MS in the psp menu and redid the magic ms with the total newbie installer.
I did a fresh install with the pandoras battery and its still the same. I see the games and such. When I click start it just goes to the white screen that says PSP and sits there and nothing else happens. I left it on for like 10 minutes and still nothihg. I tried running
it at m33 driver, sony np9660, iso OE legacy nothing. Even the m33 update won't load. It just freezes at teh pssp
logo. Usually I just turn it on and off and it might work.
frown.gif

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump.
Any insight? I tried everything and the psp refuses to boot anything so anything that would be suggested to run from the psp wont' work.

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try going into the recover menu (hold R when starting up) and formatting flashing the flash1?
thx I tried that also but that didn't help. Whenever I try that it never ends it just says formatting flash 1 and stays there. I tried reflashing, restoring the nand nothing works. I messed with all teh settings idk what do . Im thinking its maybe the MS thats one possibility.
Edit: Nevermidn it works I just accidentally put the psp to sleep while it was froze and it worked when I put it back on. Weird. Thx anyway.

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a different memory stick to try with? Perhaps the problem is with the ms. Just throwing out ideas.
No I don't have one but I'll try to get one to see if that could be a problem.
Edit: Spoke to soon now the problem is back. Last night it worked perfect everything came on and i even updated to m33-4 but now its not working. I tried to put it to sleep while it was at teh white screen and it just stayed there now. I didn't mess with any settings. Wth??

coolbgdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I bought a new 2gb sandisk MS pro duo. Same thing is happening but I noticed that the games do load but it takes 10-20 minutes to boot up. I accidentally left my psp on while taking a shower and while I was leaving my house I heard some coins ringing then took it out and saw the snes emu loaded. After that I exited and was able to run my psp isos with no problem. I don't think waiting 20 mins max for something to load is normal so what could be taking it so long?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime