Gaming PSP repair shops?

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone point me to a reliable site that does psp repair. I was playing DBZ and broke the joystick so now say i was playing DBZ the character would automatically be moving forward. I took it apart and unhooked the joystick and removed it but that did not help. My poor psp has sat for a while now so any help is great.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rogue_Ninja said:
Can anyone point me to a reliable site that does psp repair. I was playing DBZ and broke the joystick so now say i was playing DBZ the character would automatically be moving forward. I took it apart and unhooked the joystick and removed it but that did not help. My poor psp has sat for a while now so any help is great.

You didn't break the analog stick, and you don't remove it to repair it. You take the faceplate off, and next to the screen (on the left side, toward the bottom of the PSP), there is a clear rubber strip, pop that out, clean it off, and pop it back in. If that doesn't work, just buy a new analog stick from somewhere like dealextreme (they have free shipping, and the stick shouldn't cost you more than $2.00).

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so it is stuck all the way forward? or just a little bit?

mine was stuck all the way to the side once, and a lot of force and a lottle wiggling in the opposite direction it was stuck caused it to pop back int the neutral position. you cant really break something that is already broken, so dont worry about breaking it =P

new analog sticks can be bought at deal extreme for under $5 i think, if the above doesnt work, dont waste money on hiring someone to fix it, unless you really dont trust yourself with a screwdriver

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Rogue_Ninja said:

You didn't break the analog stick, and you don't remove it to repair it. You take the faceplate off, and next to the screen (on the left side, toward the bottom of the PSP), there is a clear rubber strip, pop that out, clean it off, and pop it back in. If that doesn't work, just buy a new analog stick from somewhere like dealextreme (they have free shipping, and the stick shouldn't cost you more than $2.00).
the only problem with buying it from DX, they dont sell the rubber piece with it that connects the analog stick to the psp mobo
the rubber piece tends to were out

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Rogue_Ninja said:

Ill give this a try and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...