PSP or NDSL

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Plus, DS games are better for multiplayer; a lot of the games on the DS are. The PSP are mainly solo play, with a few good multiplayer ones. And another thing, Cooking Mama on DS = chick magnet.
tongue.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a dsl but i think i would enjoy a psp too
although many of the games are "kiddy" (all the gamez that end in z, particularly)
a lot of them are really fun and the wifi is also a cool feature
psp has better graphics fershure
but the ds is just cooler :]

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I own both, (in b4 IDORT)
I'd say DS.
PSP is a great emulator machine, but once you go through the library of maybe five to ten (metal gear anything, gta anything, locoroco, patapon, and so on) truly awesome games, you'll quickly grow bored with it. But it's awesome because of the GBA, neogeo and snes emulators which work near-perfectly.

The DS just has so many games, it's a geekgasm. Plus, I much prefer the homebrew on DS, with of course a slight advantage in emulators to the PSP.

Get a DS and a PSP, both fat and already open to custom firmware lovin' on ebay, for the price of one psp or ds lite, is what I say. Both are very complimentary.

But seriously, DS.

K

KaliKot

you're asking in a nintendo fansite what do you think you'll get?

I have both and I have this to say

DS for unique gaming experiences and a large library of unique games but...there's lots of casual and shovelware games if that's your taste

but the gems are really gooooood.

problems with the ds comes mainly from the small screen and awful speakers and shovelware crap and that most of the games are not really for the "hardcore" if you know what I mean

PSP meanwhile has a much thinner library than the ds but the games are on the hardcore side. The really disappointing thing is the lack of a second analog stick which hinders gameplay. The screen is good enough and there's an actual interface with the XMB, and there's SPORTS if thats your thing.

and i havent even mentioned the hombrew scene yet which just completely owns. in my opinion it blows the ds out of the water in this aspect and it has extra things like a web browser.

I never in my childhood times thought that I could fit a ps1, snes, megadrive, gameboy, gamegear, music and movies into 1 device (well theres the gp32x but thats another thing) and add to that the commercial games it has.

so overall the psp is more flexible but its just a traditional console experience in a portable package with the lack of a second analog =(

hell its your call really. I bought my ds first and loved it, but found the lack of hardcore gaming experiences disturbing since I dont have a console so i got myself a psp

ds for fun, new ways to play but more kiddie stuff, psp for hardcore traditional games and emulation but mostly mediocre commercial games for the system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: