PSP or NDSL

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After having both consoles from their launch date i can say dslite.
I spend fewer and fewer time playing psp and this only when some major title comes out.
I am still keeping for ffac:crisis core and dissidia .

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Love my DS, haven't touched my PSP forever. I'm excited about all these carts for the DS, and for the PSP, like, meh, I'll downgrade it whenever. But I do plan to get back into PSP soon.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PSP doesnt have a large section of games. NDSL does however. IT has more battery life, and you dont have to worry about break the screen since it isnt huge and can EASILY fit in your pocket. You dont have to worry about breaking it.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Both systems have their pro's and con's...
Games are better on the DS, IMO.

Music player, Video player, Photo viewer, Web browsing, and Emulation is better on PSP, IMO
biggrin.gif

Overall, I like the DS more, as it's got a lot of good games I like to play + the touchscreen is pwnage.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After I got my PSP I was trying to feel for the stylus. I was like WTF am i doing. I had my launch ds and a ds lite for a long time.
EDIT yea,e me also, after I got my PSP slim I modded it ASAP and have not touched my DS for a few days, but I did play advance wars when my PSP was bricked.
Had to wait for my bro. to get home to use his phone as a mem stick reader
ph34r.gif

yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ on a cracker.

Keep both of them. Get a flash cart for the DS Lite, and downgrade your PSP. They both have their own unique features that make them great portable consoles. I own both and play them WAY more than the current consoles and PC. Don't be such a dick that you think you can only have one because a general consensus says that one is better than the other.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ He just wanted to ask which one is better. Calm down. What you said I totally agree with but you don't have to be mean about it. Like sure, the DS has good multiplayer games and fun with the stylus and stuff, but the PSP graphics own and it's way more fun on a serious gamer level. Each has its good and bads. But no uglies yet.

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uhmmm topic creator, i dont want to sound like a hypocrite, but the psp is for n00bs, it has a n00b look, and it doesnt compete with what the ds has to offer. Sometimes you might turn a ds on and wonder why its good, if you do this, your stupid, why wonder, its right infront of your face. . .

Ok psp has a wide screen, DS . . . . has 2 . . . with the psp you can touch an analogue stick . . with the DS . . you touch the damn screen.

NOW! . . . PSP plays them UMD movies . . . wereas the DS's 2 screens can fold together as you watch a dvd on your widescreen tele, wereas with the psp you have to completely remove it from the room to avoid distractions. . . next up . . graphics

The PSP has good graphics, oh yer sure . . . but on one screen . . . if i have to stare at that one stupid screen for the rest of my life ill scream . . with the ds i got 2 screens to peer over, and while im not doing that I can fold the DS and look at other things, then open them again to the 2 screens, also the ds hosts lower pixel rates, so in 3d games our characters look more edgy and old school, making our experiences always a classic.

NEXT . . . DS has pictochat, in this growing day and age its like a crime drawing pictures of penises on paper then just simply throwing them away, trees are being wasted . . . solution . . pictochat, draw, erase . . draw erase. . .

All in all, psp wins

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhmmm topic creator, i dont want to sound like a hypocrite, but the psp is for n00bs, it has a n00b look, and it doesnt compete with what the ds has to offer. Sometimes you might turn a ds on and wonder why its good, if you do this, your stupid, why wonder, its right infront of your face. . .

Ok psp has a wide screen, DS . . . . has 2 . . . with the psp you can touch an analogue stick . . with the DS . . you touch the damn screen.

NOW! . . . PSP plays them UMD movies . . . wereas the DS's 2 screens can fold together as you watch a dvd on your widescreen tele, wereas with the psp you have to completely remove it from the room to avoid distractions. . . next up . . graphics

The PSP has good graphics, oh yer sure . . . but on one screen . . . if i have to stare at that one stupid screen for the rest of my life ill scream . . with the ds i got 2 screens to peer over, and while im not doing that I can fold the DS and look at other things, then open them again to the 2 screens, also the ds hosts lower pixel rates, so in 3d games our characters look more edgy and old school, making our experiences always a classic.

NEXT . . . DS has pictochat, in this growing day and age its like a crime drawing pictures of penises on paper then just simply throwing them away, trees are being wasted . . . solution . . pictochat, draw, erase . . draw erase. . .

All in all, psp wins

Best. Post. Ever.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

All in all, psp wins

Best. Post. Ever.

Seconded.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

All in all, psp wins

Best. Post. Ever.

Seconded.

A post worthy of all the idiot fanboys on GameFAQS.

PSP and DS fans should thank each other every day. (And ZeWarrior should have remained banned. And here I though the MODS had come to their senses. Next stop...GBATEMPFAQS)

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both and well sad but true. I don't play them much at all. I preffer to play emulators on my PSP many times than the actual games and sometimes I preffer to play GBA games rather than DS games.

I think both have great games. If I had to choose I would keep the PSP because it has more power for emulators. Plus some good games have come out for it. Oh yeah don't forget that the PSP now can play just about any PS1 game as well with CFW.

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had money to fling, I'd get both, but NDSL > PSP imho. Better battery life, more games that appeals to a larger crowd, homebrew (though PSP homebrew's way better. Only reason I want one), Moonshell kinda takes away the whole PSP = movie player pro of a PSP.

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnDrake said:

All in all, psp wins

Best. Post. Ever.

Seconded.

A post worthy of all the idiot fanboys on GameFAQS.

PSP and DS fans should thank each other every day. (And ZeWarrior should have remained banned. And here I though the MODS had come to their senses. Next stop...GBATEMPFAQS)

I lol'd at the original post. >_>

Oh, how I love drawing penises in pictochat with strangers!

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSL, I was actually one of those PSP fanboys on youtube swearing at people who thought DSL was better, oh how I failed. I got over the PSP quite quickly, not enough good games. DSL !!

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
PSP games suck. The PSP doesn't.
The PSP is an awesome emulator machine and thats the only reason I'll be getting one.
A slim with a phat battery and games run from the memstick will make the battery last insanely long so it'll truly be portable.

PS1, SNES, NES. More than 30 years of awesome games to be played so who needs original PSP gams?

The DS has much better games though, a lot of them quite addicting.
And the backwards compatibilty with GBA means its a solid device on its own too.
In the end its just a matter of personal preference.

SimpleSimon08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also agree DSL, for me Nintendo is about the interaction with the game revolutionary controls on the Wii and DSL analogue joysticks will become less and less. Take Zelda Phantom Hourglass as an example amongst others some of the puzzles have you shouting at the DS. The Wii has brought console gaming to the masses not through high spec graphics and high end processors etc. but purely by making one feel immersed in a game.

PSP specs. technically better but interaction is better with DSL. IMHO

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like saulin, I also have both consoles. I think both are awesome, but I play DS mainly to play GBA games, which can also be emulated on the PSP...

The PSP has great games such as Final Fantasy, Medal of Honor, GTA (the BEST), Midnight Club 3 (beats all the street racing games there are on DS) and others like Ace Combat (which can't be done on DS because the graphics would simply hinder the gameplay greatly). Funnily enough, you've even got a DS emulator on PSP (it can play MKDS I think at full speed or something...)

DS is also good, especially in terms of piracy. The only problem is that the games to pirate aren't THAT wonderfully awesome (save Mario Kart and Advance Wars). PSP is harder to pirate games with because games are so f*cking massive and take forever to download, as well as downgrading the PSP being a pain up the ass.

All in all, if you prefer something which emulates everything including the DS itself, go for a PSP. If you want a DS because it's cool, and it's still got a few good games and a few decent games, then go for it!

Best solution: buy both and the sell the one you don't like for a profit
tongue.gif

Edit: I forgot to mention, the PSP has better wireless capabilities and supports more wireless formats (like WPA, which my DS doesn't support). I don't know about web surfing (because my DS can't use my network), but the PSP is great at doing it, but make sure you get the PSP Slim for web browsing because of it's 64MB of ram. You can even use MSN through mobile.msn.com in the web browser (albeit the chatting is not as convenient, it uses a phone keypad style keyboard)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?