PSP online with 2Wire

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DaMummy, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

PSP online with 2Wire by DaMummy at 6:33 AM (2,024 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DaMummy
    OP

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i seem to not be able to connect my psp 1001 to my wifi 2wire router, ive had other consoles connected to it like my wii, but for some reason i cant get the psp to connect, i searched through google and came upon conclusion that i should forward a couple of ports(80,443,5223,3478-3479,3658) i did that, and i still got nothing, yes the wlan switch is on, tried wlan power saving on and off, is there something im missing here?

2. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    What game are you trying to play, or are you trying directly? I have a 2WiRe with no problems. Also what's your ISP? I use AT&T, assuming the same of you.

I've also had no problems with their Westell types.

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    from another forum ..

4. DaMummy
    OP

United States
    im not trying any game,im just trying to set up a connection. ya im on at&t as well with 2wire, and i did all that which says in that manual from another forum or whatever, i can find my ssid and i enter the wep needed, but then for whatever reason, when i go to test the connection, it just wont connect....Pyrofyr, would you happen to know what channel you router is on, and if you had to open some other ports besides the ones i mentioned? should i upgrade my cfw or something, im on 4.01. im on both b and g wifi, and i cant think of anything else that id need to make it connect to wifi, but it just wont....

5. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    First thing is first does it see the wireless connection? 2wires have a passkey setup right away, so if your psp can see it you have to type in the key and you should be able to connect. If you need anything else let me know

P.S. The passkey is usually on the bottom of the router in all numbers.

6. DaMummy
    OP

United States
    ya i can find multiple 2wire accounts cause all my neighbors have em, including mine, then i enter the wep tkip encryption i ask for easy instead of manual ip input, then when its time to test the connection, it gives me an error

7. DaMummy
    OP

United States
    im sorry.....im fucking retarded.....i wrote down my wep key wrong, i switched 2 numbers, ive been breakin mu balls for a whole day tryin to figure out why my psp internet isnt working, and it turns out i switched 2 numbers of the wep key that i wrote down on a paper.
    CLOSE THREAD