PSP ISO and Memorystick Question

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Skeet1983, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I was thinking of doing the 6.20 permanent CFW. I have about 30 PSP UMDs and was hoping to play them straight off memory stick. If I went that way, what capacity stick should I get, should I go for the max 32GB or is there something better/less overkill? Thoughts appreciated :)

Note: Also, is there a way to make SNES9x TYL run better/smoother? Would a higher capacity memorystick help with that?

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Your going to need the 32gb to do it comfortably but you can also do emulators etc with that as well

3. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    When creating the ISO from the UMD disc, can I rename the file or does it have to be the default name?

4. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    You can rename, you can shrink, you can compress, you can edit... Yes, we can.

Just keep the ".iso" and avoid some characters or a large number of characters.

5. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    When playing my backup ISOs, does it drain battery fast? Does it drain faster than running from UMD? How is battery life when just running games from the Memorystick?

6. Hargrun

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Dude, you seem to have hundreds of questions... Are you really searching about them on Google before asking...? :huh:

Anyway, I'll answer what I can...

I believe not. Technically you will not be using the UMD drive and it should already be a huge battery saver.

Keep in mind that the battery life may also vary depending on the game or homebrew. God of War will certainly drain battery faster than Mind Quiz. Other functions like listening to music too, which can exceed 10 hours.

There are many plugins that help in saving battery. My favorites are PSP Power Saver v0.1.1 and Hold+ v4.0.

[Content below from: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=7407]

See?

If you don't think enough 4 hours playing without recharging the battery I recommend you buy a more powerful battery or an external battery. That's it.

7. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If you're using CSOs that are using the highest compression, then they do tend to be resource intensive on the PSP. If you do go the CSO route, only use level 1 compression. It compresses the garbage and other worthless information but nothing else. That was it doesn't require any extra resources for the PSP to read, at least nothing noticeable. Also, it's only about a 20mb difference between level 1 compression and level 9 usually.

8. Randamin

Randamin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    Laredo, TX
    Is there a way of knowing what level of compression a game that's already in CSO format might have? This is because my LCS came in cso format and it lags more than it should.

9. Hargrun

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Simple, decompress and compress.

10. Racestar7d

Racestar7d Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    can i seen someone my iso to check if its been corrupted after i pulled it frm the game

11. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Load it up on your PSP. If you think it's a problem with the ISO driver you're using, then just pop a UMD in, have it use Normal mode for your ISO driver, and boot up the ISO in question. Normal has perfect compatibility, but requires an UMD in the drive.

12. Racestar7d

Racestar7d Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    I can play normal games fine
    the ripped verions is jsut always corrupted from the time i put it on