Hacking PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Aren't RCA and Composite the same thing (as in i think you mean component rather than composite)

Anyway, Fusa should be able to do that for you.

Rucury

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, quick question! I'm thinking about buying a PSP-3000 to replace my current PSP-2000 which is pretty much broken by now... Now, I see on the F.A.Q. that if I have firmware version 6.61 or higher, I'm pretty much screwed. Thing is, I can't find much about this 6.61 firmware, Wikipedia and Sony's official update page say the most current version is 6.60...

So here's the question: If I buy a new PSP-3000 off Amazon right now, are there any chances that said PSP will come with the 6.61 firmware or higher? Or is that update isolated to certain regions or something similar? I would buy it right this instant if I could have that question answered... Thanks!

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, quick question! I'm thinking about buying a PSP-3000 to replace my current PSP-2000 which is pretty much broken by now... Now, I see on the F.A.Q. that if I have firmware version 6.61 or higher, I'm pretty much screwed. Thing is, I can't find much about this 6.61 firmware, Wikipedia and Sony's official update page say the most current version is 6.60...

So here's the question: If I buy a new PSP-3000 off Amazon right now, are there any chances that said PSP will come with the 6.61 firmware or higher? Or is that update isolated to certain regions or something similar? I would buy it right this instant if I could have that question answered... Thanks!

There is no OFW 6.61, just OFW 6.60 and lower.
Be careful if you're downgrading a PSP-3000 (depending which model generation) with OFW 6.60 as it could brick and Pandora is useless.
Stick with CFW 6.60 PRO-C if you're on OFW 6.60.

Reactions: 1 person

Rucury

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you kupo3000! I guess I'll buy me a new PSP! Even though you answered my question, I think you misunderstood it a bit... I'm not planning on downgrading the new PSP or anything, I was just curious as to why the F.A.Q. on the first page says that FW v6.61 is not supported if there is no OFW 6.61 or higher... Maybe to make the guide future-proof in a sense? Anyway, I'm pretty stocked to get that new PSP!!

Y saludos desde Dorado :)

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did that to make it future-proof, then Sony stopped updating... but the console still has support, so I'm leaving it like that for now just in case, as we're not always warned of updates ahead of time (especially not emergency on-disc compatibility or bugfix updates that show up on UMDs first).

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody have any idea what the difference between the three settings in UMD ISO Mode is?
NP9660 is Sony's official driver, while M33 (by DarkAlex) and Inferno (by pro-cfw team) are tweaked ones for higher compatibility, I suppose. NP9660 and Inferno also has an ISO cache (configurable in Advanced in Recovery Menu), which presumably keeps a cache of loaded games, making loading of games faster. Don't have any examples, but some games might run better on a certain driver than another (try switching if you experience any problems).

These are all base-less assumptions, but as far as I know, you can simply leave it at Inferno and everything should work fine. If not, you can try the other drivers.

strawhatninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so is the psp 3000 and go still not permanent hackable? I'm gonna be buying a refurbished one soon so I just want to make sure it is easy enough to do.

strawhatninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they have 6.20 or less, they can have a permanent hack installed.

Ok well I won't know until I get. I should get it within the next week or two. i'll try and follow your guide it doesn't look to complicated, but if I have any problems i'll let you know

strawhatninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks i'll have to get the 3000 because they don't have refurbished go now so i'll have to try the 660 hack since that's what it will come with. Well I'm getting it tomorrow so i'll be trying the hack as soon as I get it.

strawhatninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got it on saturday it is a psp 3000 with version 660 on it, but I didn't realize it didn't come with a psp to pc usb cable so now I have to wait for that. I should be able to hack it by following your directions or a video, but if I have any problems i'll let you know

Retrovertigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a PSP1000 here on 5.00m33-6. If I want to update should I use the recovery cfw option if I want to access the psn store and communicate with my PS3 to transfer games? Just to be on the safe side? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast