Psp go

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Frogman, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009

Psp go by Frogman at 12:30 AM (3,111 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. Frogman
    OP

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    Hey I'm gunna get a psp but I don't no if I should gEt a psp go or psp slim since u can download games does that mean u can download them for free illegegally?? And if I get the psp slim are they gunna phase out the discs all help is appreciated

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    If you're in Australia or Europe you'd need to be certified insane to opt for the Go at this stage (or be really careless with money). No pirating games will only be harder with the Go, and whilst UMD's may well be phased out, every single PSP in existence can play digital content.

PSP Go....PSP NO! If you're going to buy new just go out and get yourself a 3000 series, and if second hand is your thing go for a phat PSP 1000 or a Slim PSP 2000 with a PERMANENT, survive hard resets, custom firmware.

3. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I couldn't agree more. The PSP Go! shouldn't be considered an option at all (not now, at least).

4. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

5. Frogman
    OP

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    Ok thanks heaps
    I'm a real n00b with psp so yeas I will get 3000 And install custom firmware But I'm a bit confused can u still download games on the psp 3000?

6. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    I would say get an older one cause they look better in my opinion, plus you could find one really cheap like I did got one for $20 from a friend but I do not think I can hack it cause it has FW 6.00. Then the go will probably have some kind of hardware failure because of the hard drive or what ever it has now.

7. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes you can pirate psp games. We dont support psp dumps so dont expect to have us list psp releases

8. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    \

Isn't it Flash Memory? if so, it will probably have very low chance of memory corruption like most mp3 players that's flash memory based (ipod and I think zune)

9. Izzy

Member Izzy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Yes, it's pretty hard to fit a HDD in that little PSP. [​IMG]
    I think it's a 32 GB big Flash Memory, and I guess you cna use Memory Stick's up to 32 GB as well, so 64 GB in total is nice. However, everything else about the PSP Go isn't. [​IMG]

10. xist

United Kingdom
    The PSPGo has 16Gb of internal Flash Memory (of which an unknown amount will be free for actual user data) and is expandable with M2 memory cards.

11. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Don't get the Go, for now at least. Get a 1000 or 2000 series, they're easier to mod.

12. xist

United Kingdom
    How hard is the Go to Mod then? [​IMG]

13. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Yeah that is what I meant I only knew it had so sort of memory in the actual system instead of using memory sticks, plus I really have not read or studied the go because after I saw the design I said no because it was ugly. And thanks for correcting my mistake guys.

14. issy12

Member issy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Even if you could i'd recommend you not to pirate your games, if you're not prepared to walk into a shop and steal something don't pirate, im not saying that stealing is right but just trying to emphasize the fact that piracy is the same as shoplifting...

15. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    UMDs will not say bye-bye as there's the PSP 4000 next year. I'll wait for that instead

16. xist

United Kingdom
    Yeah, that one can cloak and fire at the same time.... And Sony are releasing the PS3.5 then too.

If the PSP is a success UMD's will be gone for good. Heck, even if it's not kiss 'em goodbye. Digital content is a winner for Sony and a Digital Only system is a supreme way of controlling the market.

17. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
  18. djricekcn

United States
    If digital download takes off, I have a feeling they are going to restructure the current system where the store that sells the PSP Go gets a percentage of game bought from that device, probably distinguishing it by some sort of internal sku on the machine. In other words, still keeping retailers happy.

19. xist

United Kingdom
    The inflated price of the Go is purely to give the retailers a larger slice as they lose out so much on software. It now pays them to stock and sell the Go, far more so that the PSP 3000. Sneaky Sony huh?

20. djricekcn

United States

Maybe this isn't the situation for the PSP GO, since the digital only device concept is still new (aside from mp3 players and what not...but difference with that is you don't need to "must" buy to use...you can rip your own legit cd and etc) That won't cut it in my opinion, the retailers need a long-term income and in order to that, I can only see it working if retailers get money for each software bought online. just my opinion though.