Hardware PSP Go the best model?

eastbayarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Go and 2000, and there are advantages as well as disadvantages to both. My biggest gripe with the Go is the fact that it uses costly M2 cards. MS Duo Pro is much cheaper. Sure, the Go has 16gb built in, but once you start throwing music and especially videos into the mix, 16gb goes pretty quickly. I do like the 2000's larger screen, but bigger isn't always better, since the Go seems to have a brighter/clearer screen. I do like the Go's design, as well as it's buttons. I recently scored a white Go with the box for $80 on craigslist, but it seems to typically cost over $100, compared to a 1000/2000/3000 that cost noticeably less.

Arsic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AV cable (or RemoteJoy Lite for you 1337 haX0rz out there) + PS3 controller + HDTV is awesome because of the bluetooth support, just sit back on the couch and chillax. The only downer is the reduced battery life and you need a PS3 to sync it, but easily remedied with the power cable and already being a PS3 owner, respectively.

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, most people are their own opinions and not a fact. Yes, PSP 1000/2000/3000 are the best to go than PSP Go. That's why the psp go sell so poorly! Also, the PSP Go's design is very ugly and too small!

You're not telling a fact either, it's just your opinion!

@[member='X_XSlashX_X']
For me the best is Go, people complain about having huge hands and about the uncomfortability of gaming on Go.
My favorite PSP game is Megaman MHX, I have astonishing huge hands,
and I'm perfectly fine with a PSP-Go.

If you feel comfortable with the PSP-Go, then there is no problem.
I trully recommend you into keeping PSP-Go,
Sony stoped the production of it,
and the retailers boycott the PSP-Go,
I wouldn't be surprised if it's production ended

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, most people are their own opinions and not a fact. Yes, PSP 1000/2000/3000 are the best to go than PSP Go. That's why the psp go sell so poorly! Also, the PSP Go's design is very ugly and too small!

@[member='X_XSlashX_X']
For me the best is Go, people complain about having huge hands and about the uncomfortability of gaming on Go.

Facts are that the Go is simply unfixable if it bricks, nor is the 300x and the E-100x.

As far as "hacked" PSP's go, my ranking is very simple and based on objective facts:

1. Early PSP-200x - 64 megabytes of RAM and it's Pandora-compatible, what's more to ask for?
2. PSP Go - Built-in memory FTW!
3. PSP-300x - screen superior to the 200x models, but it's not Pandora-compatible.
4. Late PSP-200x - Not Pandora-compatible anymore and inferior to the 300x model in many ways.
5. PSP-100x - Only 32 megabytes of RAM, thus loading times can be annoying, plus it's bulky... but it's Pandora-compatible, at least.
5. PSP E-100x - It's not Pandora-compatible, it's bulky, the quality of built is extremely low, the speakers are Mono-only and it has no WiFi. Worst of them all.

The only issue with my no.1 choice is the lack of a built-in microphone, but it's a barely used piece of hardware, plus, headsets are available.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

@[member='X_XSlashX_X']

Facts are that the Go is simply unfixable if it bricks, nor is the 300x and the E-100x.

As far as "hacked" PSP's go, my ranking is very simple and based on objective facts:

1. Early PSP-200x - 64 megabytes of RAM and it's Pandora-compatible, what's more to ask for?Multitasking IRshell compatibility.
3. PSP-300x - screen superior to the 200x models, but it's not Pandora-compatible.
4. Late PSP-200x - Not Pandora-compatible anymore and inferior to the 300x model in many ways.
5. PSP-100x - Only 32 megabytes of RAM, thus loading times can be annoying, plus it's bulky... but it's Pandora-compatible, at least.
5. PSP E-100x - It's not Pandora-compatible, it's bulky, the quality of built is extremely low, the speakers are Mono-only and it has no WiFi. Worst of them all.

The only issue with my no.1 choice is the lack of a built-in microphone, but it's a barely used piece of hardware, plus, headsets are available.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

1. Early PSP-200x - 64 megabytes of RAM and it's Pandora-compatible, what's more to ask for?

Probably the OP would never need to use Pandora,
he feels comfortable with PSP-Go,
I think considering what alrady being told he already made his mind about this.

I choose PSP-Go for it's portability, but it's a lot about preferences

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I choose PSP-Go for it's portability, but it's a lot about preferences
I don't particularily like the form-factor as I have quite big hands and the original shape simply suits me better, but that said, the built-in memory is pretty awesome - the more storage the better.

...on second thought, I *do* like the form factor, I just find the other one more suitable for a portable gaming system. :P

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't particularily like the form-factor as I have quite big hands and the original shape simply suits me better, but that said, the built-in memory is pretty awesome - the more storage the better.

I have huge hands, but it's just a matter of time to get used to it

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually.. Its my opinion. I didnt say a fact either. Matter of fact, Foxi4 knows what I am talking about. Those are the best options than PSP Go. Some people might prefer PSP Go for other reasons but not this:

1. Early PSP-200x - 64 megabytes of RAM and it's Pandora-compatible, what's more to ask for?Multitasking IRshell compatibility.

It is great things but you might choose PSP Go as your prefer. :)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually.. Its my opinion. I didnt say a fact either. Matter of fact, Foxi4 knows what I am talking about. Those are the best options than PSP Go. Some people might prefer PSP Go for other reasons but not this:

It is great things but you might choose PSP Go as your prefer. :)

This is just for PSP-200X
You made PSP-Go look like the worst of them with just opinions and
complaining because no one said any fact

You just didn't have anything to show your point

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't quite say best...

Controls-wise, I would prefer a standard PSP. But yea, good luck finding compatible memory sticks for any decent price. When I was trekking to finally find my PSP go, I ended up in a Sony store; they only had MS Pro Duo HG cards available (50MB+/sec read times? f*ck yea). Even a 16GB one was almost as much as a used PSP went for. $100 for a memory stick when you could pick up a class 10 microSD for less than half that on even an average sale is just asking too much. And I know there's that micro-SD to MS Pro Duo adapter, but yea... online-only do I ever seem to see them anymore, and not many review well for that matter.

The Go has 16gb's of storage already... but it too is going to be a pain in the arse to find some big 'nuff MS micro's for it. :(

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Am I the only one with small hands who thinks the controls of the PSP Go are uncomfortable and the PSP Go itself too thin?
I'm going to buy a grip nonetheless because I don't want to miss the internal storage and superior display. Any recommendations?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone seems to like the Nyko grip.

But i agree with you, the controls are more uncomfortable than a standard PSP and less functional (the nub especially, and to a degree the shoulders and D-pad). Plus there's the inferior PSX compatibility that the Go has thanks to it's inability to run a full popsloader.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Every firmware has pops, the integrated PSX emulator. However, it's compatibility varies with version, so long, long ago Dark Alex created popsloader. This is a plugin which enables your PSP to load pops versions from other firmwares, increasing the compatibility of your PSX emulation (so for instance if RE3 black screens on 6.20/6.60 you load 3.40 pops with popsloader to solve the issue.

The PSP Go gets hobbled (like the 3000) with it's inability to load the full set of pops versions.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The two i've seen mentioned on gamefaqs (bearing in mind their US retailers) are -

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Stereo-Grip-With-Reader-Sony/dp/B0030F03MM

and

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Go-Rechargeable-Hand-Grip-Sony/dp/B0036R862S

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh I found these, but thought that they aren't Nyko grips since Nyko is nowhere mentioned. But yeah, amazon.com is a no for me because I don't have a credit card. I will find something on ebay, thanks.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Paypal?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/3-700mah-usb-rechargeable-power-battery-pack-hand-grip-for-psp-go-34508?item=4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse