PSP Go Hacking Question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Techs, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009

PSP Go Hacking Question by Techs at 5:29 PM (5,840 Views / 0 Likes) 44 replies

1. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    sorry this is out of the blue but im stuck on either getting a PSP3000 for christmas due to hacking capabilities (mainly wanting to play games rather than homebrew) or a PSP Go. i know most people probably wont know but i was ust hoping someone would, how long MAY (may being the main word) it be before we can hack into the PSP Go to run copy games? if it takes too long i will just go for a PSP3000 for christmas instead.

so whats people predictions on how long it will be before the PSP go is hacked?

EDIT: or do people think it can be done straight away?

2. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    6months to a year

3. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    joke? or no joke?
    sorry about asking, im just new to PSP hacking as i've never had a PSP before, i gathered (without reading up on it) that it was a softmod hack rather than a chip.
    so if its your prediction, you reckon it will be a softmod or a chip first?

4. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

no joke sony is gonna have some serious protection on the psp go and the 3000 hasnt even been fully cracked yet and you cant even play the new games on any psp at the moment. So i think it's going ot be a very long time until it gets cracked

5. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    if 3000 isn't cracked yet and it's quite a bit of time after the release, what make you think psp go will be, sony will only make it harder

6. kingLOCAR

Newcomer kingLOCAR Newbie

Afghanistan
    I've never seen a modder/homebrew community so completely fall apart in such a short amount of time before, so. Enjoy your wait.

7. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    has the PSP 2000 or 1000 been fully cracked then? i know i probably wont be able to get them but its just a thought.

and the reason why i didnt know is because i have NEVER owned or even played a PSP before, im only really in the wii/DS hacking scene so im not sure about any of the PSP stuff

8. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    The PSP-1000 has more or less been completely hacked, depending on what you mean by that. PSP-2000s can similarly be 'hacked', though one motherboard in the series remains a problem for people looking to use custom firmware. 3000s are only temporarily 'hackable'*.

EDIT: *Actually I'm not sure the extent to which you can load custom firmware onto a 3000, but last time I checked it was only temporary.

9. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    It could take a week.. or it could never happen!
    It's hard to predict this kind of stuff.. dunno how much Sony changed the thing.

But, the PSP2000 was harder to hack then the first one, and the 3000 was even harder.. so we can expect the Go to be even harder [​IMG]

10. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Oh and just a bit of speculation on my part, Sony stated that they weren't selling batteries (or even allowing the battery to be removable through normal means) for the Go as a means to cut down on piracy. This isn't going to stop people from trying to hack it, but be prepared for several months of bricked Go's. At nearly the cost of the PS3, I don't know if it will be worth it to some people.

On the other hand, the Go could get the whole scene going again, because a lot of those people love a challenge.

11. taken

Member taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I don't think PSP GO can be hacked. But hackers will try .
    I rather buy a PS3 instead of a PSP GO.

12. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    By the time you buy a psp 3000 it will have firmware 5.50 which is not able to run homebrew or anything so it will be useless.
    I will go with the Go, and maybe it will get hack in a year or so.
    But I just want the Go for the minis, and some exclusive PSP games that I never got off the PSN cause I have a CFW PSP.
    I have 450 save just waiting till October 1st to buy it.

13. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    well im not looking for a PSP for custom firmware. i ust want to download games off internet, and play them lol instead of paying for them. nothing else. lol so which would people recommend?

EDIT:iv also noticed you guys here are a lot more helpful than those guys over in the nintendo dept. if a noob asks a question theyr like "USE SEARCH I CBA HELPING" so thanks you guys for the help [​IMG]

14. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Well, to put it plainly, if you want to be able to play isos on a PSP (any PSP), you need an iso loader. Custom firmware includes an iso loader, so the two are pretty much synonymous. You might be thinking of 'homebrew' applications, which you also need custom firmware to use.

To elaborate a little, CFW stands for custom firmware, and OFW stands for official firmware. You need CFW if you want to be able to run isos... and I don't know if you've noticed, but lately people are going a little nuts because they can't play certain new games. That's because the new games require OFW versions 5.55-6.00, and the newest CFW only goes up to 5.50 (though most games before the 'PSP iso scare' will run fine on 5.00).

15. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

how do you think you play a backup of a game then? [​IMG]

custom firmware is exactly what you're looking for

use the search button, AND read the FAQS

16. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    well sorry iv never hacked a PSP before lol the only kind of hacking i know is wii hacking really. so is there multiple kinds of CFW or not? if there is whats the most basic for running iso's?

17. justinefremlouw

Member justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    get a used psp1000 if you plan to play "backups"...currently, the best CFW is GEN 5.50 B-2 with Yoshihiro's game decrypter. The only way you can have this setup is with the 1000 series or some early 2000 series.

That's why 1000 is your best bet. psp3000 is incompatible and won't be able to play most games that require recent firmware. PSP Go won't get hacked for a long long long while, as some PSP2000 and all PSP3000 isn't even fully hacked yet, and Sony made it clear that PSP Go will combat "piracy"

18. Techs
    OP

Newcomer Techs Member

United Kingdom
    ok ill see if i can find a 1000 series. but probably not, whats the differences between 1000, 2000 and the 3000 series?

19. monzamess

Newcomer monzamess Member

United States
  20. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    If they hidden battery, its service mode still exists. But Pre-IPL must be decrypted to it works.