• Total voters

obito

I can have a title?! :O
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Are they really cramped? I need advice especially from someone who can manage tekken combos on it, or similar games where.. a particular "sleight of hand" is needed :L

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
I received my go the other 2 days ago, one of the 1 games i got was tekken 6, the controls work fine, the combos are a bit tricky to do, but not because of the psp disposition of buttons, but because of the quality of the buttons, what i mean is, the reason i have some trouble in combos in tekken in psp is that unlike a ps3 controller or xbox, your fingers dont slide easy trough the buttons, the psp go buttons are pretty high quality and made so the buttons dont feel slipery so its a bit hard to pull some fast combos sometimes, apart of that i got no complaints

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I have NO ISSUES with the Go setup.

The buttons seem MORE responsive to me, personally. The 1000 had the WORST control pad in history. the 2000 and 3000 both are good but the "squishyness" always bothered me; especially when playing frantic games like DJ Max (DAMN YOU SUPER LOVELY).

The Go is really comfy for me, and I think it's the best yet in terms of comfort. The design kinda reminds me of the SP -- "cramped" but very comfortable and responsive compared to it's predecessor.

FYI I have owned several of every model of PSP.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda like playing a game boy advance SP, except much nicer. You'd think it would be cramped but it's not really at all.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the controls, and they don't hurt even after hours of gameplay. My only problem is that, if you press down, there is almost no sense of pushing a button, just a click. I liked the softer buttons on the regular PSP, but I can live with it.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2000 and picked up a GO last moth for a killer price and I can tell you yes the controls are cramped. After extended play your hands will get tired. If you want to do some serious gaming get a 2000 or 3000. I like the GO and it's cool but the controls do suck. Sony was smart enough to figure that one out. That's why the Vita looks like a traditional PSP and not a GO

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dickfour said:
I have a 2000 and picked up a GO last moth for a killer price and I can tell you yes the controls are cramped. After extended play your hands will get tired. If you want to do some serious gaming get a 2000 or 3000. I like the GO and it's cool but the controls do suck. Sony was smart enough to figure that one out. That's why the Vita looks like a traditional PSP and not a GO
That doen't mean anything. The Vita looks like a traditional PSP because the Go didn't sell well. Just because something doesn't sell well, doesn't mean it's bad.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
dickfour said:
That doen't mean anything. The Vita looks like a traditional PSP because the Go didn't sell well. Just because something doesn't sell well, doesn't mean it's bad.
Hugh "just because something didn't sell well doesn't mean it's bad." That's going to be one of the top five dumbest things I've ever heard. No it doesn't mean something's bad but it's a pretty good indicator of a serious design flaw and the controls on the GO are a serious design flaw. Sony admitted that in interviews. For me at $100 for a new GO shitty controls aren't a deal beaker but at $250 you bet your ass those contols would keep me from buying one. That said I like my GO for $100 but if I couold only own one I'd be a 2000 or 3000

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't say the controls are the main reason why the Go failed to sell. The obvious reason ought to be the lack of UMD support. But once provided with custom firmware, it suddenly becomes a pretty good PSP, with an awesome 16GB onboard storage, expandable to 32 GB when you buy a memory stick micro. But back on topic, I'm not crazy myself about the controls. Luckily, the thing has blue tooth, and you can sync a PS3 controller to it. This is how I play my fighting games on the PSP Go now. Flawless controls!
nayps3.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: https://youtu.be/Fj6iNVQcik8?si=bZNKYT_0GwyYBWFC