PSP freezing problems

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Gerinych, Oct 1, 2009.

Oct 1, 2009

PSP freezing problems by Gerinych at 8:52 PM (893 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. Gerinych
    OP

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I got a lot of situations where my PSP backup froze in the middle of the game for no reason. I managed to fix that problem for some of the games I had, but other games are still freezing.

I couldn't play both Taiko no Tatsujin games for PSP, because they gave out a black screen. I could press the Home button and quit the game. I always deleted BOOT.BIN and the UPDATE folder from the CSO image to cut down on size, and apparently that was the problem with Taiko no Tatsujin. The first game played fine, but the second one started to freeze at the loading screen after I played one song. I tried it with both CSO and ISO images, and I tried deleting the save file, but nothing.

The first time I tried playing Gran Turismo on 5.50 GEN B2, it worked, but it froze every time I went into car selection. I don't know what I did, but it started to freeze at the GT logo after all the disclaimers. I fI try to quit the game using the Home button, it will say "Please Wait" and hang there. Weird thing is, MotorStorm started working, and it didn't want to start because if was doing the same thing Taiko games did the first time I tried launching them. I played 4 races in Festival mode, and it still works.

I've heard reports that GT works for some people and no one complained about Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2. Is it just me, but it happens to others too? If it's just me, how do I fix it?

Right now I have a PSP1000 with 5.50 GEN B2.