Gaming PSP fat semi-brick

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey, I got a semi-brick on my PSP fat, I can get to the recovery menu, but I can't load any eboot from there.
I got the semi-brick when I tried to install IRShell in my cfw gen-d3 with the prometheus 4 patch.
I can't use the pandora+magic memory stick to unbrick it, and I don't have a copy of my flash0.

Does anybody know how to unbrick my PSP? and thanks in advance.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Why can't you use an eboot from Recovery? Or even a Pandora?

Either use Hellcats Recovery Flasher from Recovery or a Pandora + MMS. Otherwise live with a brick.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
When I press X in the "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" to load Hellcats recovery flasher the screen turns black and then after a while the PSP turns off.

I can't use pandora because I don't have any other friends with PSPs, and in my country is really hard to get the batteries already pandorized.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So you have -

/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/500.PBP

And the Kernel set to 5.xx (and possibly if that fails switch to the other although that makes zero sense).

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can't you softmod your own battery into a pandora when its already got cfw on it?
I did when my PSP was acting up, I got into the recovery menu and Advanced then make pandora battery..
You can make a magic memory stick on the comp using a spare memory stick, or your own one if you have no spare (backup files)
You can then easily convert the battery back to a normal battery when you have solved the problem using the same method..

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I read the readme and obey....
wink.gif

miretank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try this:

- Get PSPTool (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/08/01/psp-tool-v1-00-released/) and put it in your MS
- Turn on your PSP without battery (power cord plugged yeah)
- Plug your battery while PSP is already on
- Run PSPTool and take a look at the battery options. There should be one to turn your battery to Pandora. You can use it to restore the console and then run PSPTool again to change it back to a normal battery.

Something similar happened to me a while ago and PSPTool did save the day. Hope it helps you!

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
miretank said:
Try this:

- Get PSPTool (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/08/01/psp-tool-v1-00-released/) and put it in your MS
- Turn on your PSP without battery (power cord plugged yeah)
- Plug your battery while PSP is already on
- Run PSPTool and take a look at the battery options. There should be one to turn your battery to Pandora. You can use it to restore the console and then run PSPTool again to change it back to a normal battery.

Something similar happened to me a while ago and PSPTool did save the day. Hope it helps you!
Too bad he doesn't have a pandora batter, but a bricked PSP ...

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sorry, but I can't load anything, only the recovery menu.

@xist, yes those are the files I have, and put them into my memory stick according to the instructions, I had the same result, a black screen and then the PSP turns off.

miretank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Too bad he doesn't have a pandora batter, but a bricked PSP ...
PSPTool changes a normal battery into pandora and vice versa...

QUOTESorry, but I can't load anything, only the recovery menu.
But how are you turning it on? With a plugged in battery or power cable?

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ok, I finally managed to get a pandora battery, and fixed my PSP, thanks for all your help. But I would really like to know why the recovery menu wasn't able to load anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Always been kind.