PSP Error Code CA000007

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by GreatZimkogway, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010

PSP Error Code CA000007 by GreatZimkogway at 5:56 AM (2,577 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Yeah. I recently hacked my PSP to CFW GEN-D3. Didn't have my 4gb memory stick yet, and got gifted FF7 from a friend over PSN. Reflashed my PSP with the OFW to download it, did that, then just reflashed to GEN-D3. I kinda expected this error to happen, but is there a way around it? I saw on google you could fix it by reauthenticating my PSP with the PSN, yet any time I try to connect it gives me a 20000001 error, which was...expected again.

So. Is there a way around that error code, which I'm guessing is a license issue, or the PSN error code? Or is there a way to just DL a ROM of FF7 and play it on the PSP without an emulator? Or something...

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    You can just download FF7 for the PS1. Then convert it with something like PS2PSP into an eboot that the psp can play. Runs natively pretty much and remember to get popsloader for best compatibility.

No I do not know how to make your real copy work.

3. GreatZimkogway
    OP

United States
    So essentially, there's no way to have both PSN games and CFW? I mean, I understand not being able to access the PSN itself with CFW, but I'm rather surprised there's no way to play PSN games on a CFW PSP...

4. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Try logging into PSN with PSNLover.

5. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You're surprised that Sony disallows service to users of unsanctioned hacked units...

Okay.

6. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    You reflashed to 5.50 GEN-D3, that deletes the info your PSP has about which account it's bound to.
    So legit games won't work in that case.

7. GreatZimkogway
    OP

United States
    Reread my post -_-;;; I said I'm surprised no one has hacked the PSP to allow playing of legit games without a license, or a way to play PSN games WITHOUT a license. I specifically said that I EXPECTED to not be able to use it. I was merely asking if there WAS a way. Lrn2read.

8. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Thing is, I've seen copies of the PSN games on the internet, but never tried to see if they would run.
    From this, I assume that there is a way to play those, probably with a manipulation of the file, which I do not know about, seeing as there are so many better methods.

9. GreatZimkogway
    OP

United States
    I would...but...noob question, how do you use plugins?

Nevermind, I got it. Thanks.

10. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    That's really quite odd...unless the eboot has been upgraded to 6.20 on the PSN servers (there's some weird stuff about 6.20 Popsloader etc)
    We need a newbie thread explaining how to do things like use plugins. But here goes...
    To use PSNLover first downloader PSNLover and copy the "PSNlover.prx" to the "seplugins" on your PSP's memory stick. Then open the VSH.txt which should be in the seplugins folder (if it isn't just create it) and add the line "ms0:\seplugins\psnlover.prx 1" to it then save and close then do the same to the "game.txt" (add the same line). Reboot your PSP and you can now log into PSN natively.
    Its possible that the eboot will need decrypted in order to play (I don't really know much about that) but redownloading using PSNLover.
    Its also possible to find a PSN version of FFVII pirated online but that kind of defeats the purpose of having it gifted to you.

11. GreatZimkogway
    OP

United States
    Great. Redownloading FF7...that took almost 4 hours the first time...guess I'll have it work during work. And thanks

12. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    NPDecryptor...that is all.

13. GreatZimkogway
    OP

United States
    If you've got a link, that'd be nice...

And I got PSN to work...but I can't activate my PSP now...kinda annoying...means FF7 still won't play