Homebrew psp ds emulator

• Thread starter tal32123
  • Start date
  • Views 3,966
  • Replies 19
T

tal32123

OP
i saw something the other day that it's like one of those old pacman arcade machines, but it emulates the ds and psp. any idea how to do this?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did really read it but it still makes very little sense. He/she wants something that looks like an eighties coin-op machine but can emulate both the NDS and the PSP.

Unless he/she has got it all arse-about-face and wants a Pacman emulator that will run on a NDS or PSP. Slighty more plausible.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tal32123 said:
i saw something the other day that it's like one of those old pacman arcade machines, but it emulates the ds and psp. any idea how to do this?

do you mean a MAME arcade emulator!? (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)

built into an arcade cabinet that emulates several consoles in the one box

they run on a pc usually ......Its just a collection of emulators and roms with a front end GUI to drive them with a custom interface to give access to the arcades buttons and joysticks/trackerballs etc on the front of the cabinet
smile.gif

14uddo2.jpg

google for build your own MAME cabinet
smile.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP emulator that exists isn't sophisticated enough to play games as far as I know... so I'm not exactly sure how they managed that point, but yes as above it sounds like a MAME arcade which is just a computer in an arcade box.

k11bioz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand your post but I do know there is a ds emulator on the PSP.
Although it is fairly slow.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how can a one screened system emulate a 2 screened system?

that actually hurts my head thinking about it... the PSP with it's ONE screen, can emulate the DS with it's 2 screens, one of which is touch... wow... brain... wanting to... jump from... skull...

T

tal32123

OP
k11bioz said:
I don't understand your post but I do know there is a ds emulator on the PSP.
Although it is fairly slow.
ds emulator for psp that would absolutely suck especially since psp has no touch screen anyway i think its a computer that has no$ emulator or ideas or something and a psp emulator and the guy completely removed the touchscreen and connected it somehow and put it all in a thing that looked like the mame, the thing is idk how to do it

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
how can a one screened system emulate a 2 screened system?

that actually hurts my head thinking about it... the PSP with it's ONE screen, can emulate the DS with it's 2 screens, one of which is touch... wow... brain... wanting to... jump from... skull...

So you've never used no$gba? It's emulating the 2-screened DS on your one-screened computer system, which doesn't have a touchscreen on it (leave dual-screening and tablet PCs out of this example). It's awkward but works. Same in this situation - the PSP's screen shows both screens at once, using the analog stick to move a cursor to where you want to touch. Of course it doesn't work well, but it's more than possible. It's just that the emulator in question was made purely as a proof-of-concept and was never meant to be actually useful, so it runs at about 5 fps max.

k11bioz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, you guys are right that the lack of the touch screen makes the DS emulator for PSP a failure.
But here is how it works, 2 screens are shown horizontaly, the "touch screen" is manipulated buy analog stick gestures.

P.S. I am not making this up.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
k11bioz said:
lol, you guys are right that the lack of the touch screen makes the DS emulator for PSP a failure.
But here is how it works, 2 screens are shown horizontaly, the "touch screen" is manipulated buy analog stick gestures.

I'd need some photos and video before I even accept that as a possibility. there isn't even a good ds emulator for the computer yet, who would invest the effort into putting it on a psp at this point?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has been a DS emulator for PSP for well over a year... it doesn't play games, only some early demos. It's not very advanced and it never will be.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hdofu said:
k11bioz said:

I'd need some photos and video before I even accept that as a possibility. there isn't even a good ds emulator for the computer yet, who would invest the effort into putting it on a psp at this point?
Uhh no$gba never failed me except for TWEWY and some FF texture issues. It is fast and has many plugins. I used it before I got a DS. Aside from no cash, others are slow and somewhat cruddy.
Search youtube for the DS emulator for the PSP. It's real. Not a video, he proved it. It's a port of DeSmume.

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone probably made a mame (like the posted in post #5) but instead of using it strickly for Mame games, they used it to play the DS emulator, and possibly psp emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...