Hacking PSP Battery Timer (nyan!)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
PSP Battery Timer (Nyan Cat Theme)
[youtube]en-aTdBse0A[/youtube]​
yaypsp.gif
Go Nyan Cat!
yaypsp.gif

Download

This is a PSP homebrew that helps you measure your system's maximum battery life. The brew does this pretty simply by counting up from zero and saving at 5 minute intervals for later recall (while the nyan cat does his thing). When you plug your system back in after the battery expires, the battery life, accurate within 5 minutes, will be recalled for your viewing.

Of course, some people might just want to use this to nyan away all day -- and that's perfectly fine -- maybe it's even recommended!

Features:
--It's got the Nyan Cat!
ohmy.gif

--Signed. Can be played on any PSP, hacked or not.
--Easy to use, just start it.
--Customizable . Rename any mp3 'song.mp3' (no quotes) and drop it in the 'PSP Battery Timer (nyan!)' folder for custom music. I've provided a mellow tune here as a good counterpoint to the lively 'nyan' theme. (optional song.mp3)
--In fact, you can customize anything in this homebrew, it's Lua. You have everything you need here to make your own signed PSP homebrew! Go to www.retroemu.com for tutorials and help-- it's not as hard as you think to homebrew![/p]

Test Results:
PSP 3001
Brightness 1 Sound 50%
7hrs33mins

PSP go
Brightness 1 Sound 50%
6hrs15mins

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Good work....this is actually one of those things that's handy because you've never really thought about it.

Although given Li-On battery best practice i'd suggest playing down to the blink of the power light rather than to dead.

loco365

Trophies
XP
OMG IT HAS NYAN CAT. MUST GET.

I should see what my batteries are like. I got my PSP used and I haven't really gotten much out of it, it seems the batteries die quickly, anyways.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Stealth Update May 27 ____________________________________________________________
--added FPS counter, Mhz selector, Battery %.
--lua bug workaround
--cosmetic touchups
Enable Mhz select hotkey: Press X + either D-left or D-right to change CPU speed. (nyan responds!)
*Bug Workaround hotkey:Press Start + Select to restart music after resuming app from sleep mode.

http://filetrip.net/f25198-PSP-Battery-Tim...yan%29-1-0.html

*This bug is present in the LPE v8 interpreter that I used, I tested a few games and was able to repeat the bug.
The interpreter clears the Mp3 file out of RAM while its in sleep mode for some reason. Start + Select will now reload the song. Nyan!

pic_0003.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.