Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a noticable/performance difference between Component and Composite video cords for the PSP?

The PSP isn't HD so I'm curious to know if there are any quality or performance drawbacks between the two types of cords. I'm also big into DJ Max, so I need to know if theres any latency/lag issues, or if my TV/cords/whatever requires progressive scan and such...

Whats more is other than playing on my HDTV, I also wanna play it on my PC via capture cards. Do they make component video cards that support progressive scan and such? Do they make extension cables for component like they do for composite? Should I worry about blah blah blah?

Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm CFW, but theres still the whole matter about latency/image quality issues.

Its my understanding that Composite is Standard, and Component is HD, but the PSP isn't HD, so don't know if component is necessary for the best picture/performance.

Also found something: http://www.etronixmart.com/lkv8000-psp-to-hdmi-converter-full-screen-display-on-hdtv-p-170.html
Seems like the best thing for HDTV, though it be pretty expensive compared to $5 cables I can get off eBay.

Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play it on the PC then all you need is RemoteJoy. For the TV, anything other then fusa will result in nasty quality.
Well that PSP HDMI thing boasts that it upscales games to 720 full screen, and uses its own unique cord, but its not worth $80.

As for remoteJoy, tried it, not impressed. There are awkward lines that abstruct the visuals of the PSP image in the window, and theres a very noticable lag. Though perhaps this is my USB cord's fault (it has write speeds of 4-5 MB, so its very slow). Is it really any better if I for sure have a USB 2.0 cord?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you want to play it on the PC then all you need is RemoteJoy. For the TV, anything other then fusa will result in nasty quality.
Well that PSP HDMI thing boasts that it upscales games to 720 full screen, and uses its own unique cord, but its not worth $80.

As for remoteJoy, tried it, not impressed. There are awkward lines that abstruct the visuals of the PSP image in the window, and theres a very noticable lag. Though perhaps this is my USB cord's fault (it has write speeds of 4-5 MB, so its very slow). Is it really any better if I for sure have a USB 2.0 cord?
That feature is available only for the 3000 and the Go as far as I know, 2000 is excluded so keep that in mind.

Any USB cord should suffice, really. If RemoteJoy lags then you set it up wrong.

Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That feature is available only for the 3000 and the Go as far as I know, 2000 is excluded so keep that in mind.

Any USB cord should suffice, really. If RemoteJoy lags then you set it up wrong.
Well it was on default settings. I didn't "set" anything. and up until literally 5 minutes ago, my 6 year old computer had only 1GB of ram, and the USB cord I do have is a low quality USB 1.0 cord I bought off ebay for 50 cents. I'm more certian that its hardware limitation's fault for lag rather than just sheer incompetance with remotejoy settings.]

Also my USB cord is only 6 inches long, so even should It work right, I still would have issues with it. I do have USB extentions, but they make the feedback to remote joy even laggier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over