Hardware RCA (Composite) cables on PSP-2001 - PS1 games work but not PSP?

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

The title says it all.
I just bought this RCA cable over the Internet and was very eager to give a try. I wanted to have a better posture while playing on a tv screen and holding a PSP like a controller.

I have an old mono tv with one video and one audio inputs.
Unfortunately, when I launch a PSP game while using those RCA cables, I have this message:
"To display this screen on a connected device, you must be connected using a component AV cable or a D-terminal AV cable and you must output the video content in progressive format."

But I noticed that PS1 games do launch and work properly!!
I'm a bit deceived, because it was mainly to play PSP games and homebrew emulators on an old tv...

Some clues to share for a good workaround?

EPgrouch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need the component cable and a tv that has progressive scan or hd. I encountered this same thing when I got my psp 2000 years ago.

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello EPgrouch, thanks for your reply!
I don't plan having another television, actually.

Using the composite cable as-is, with this PSP serie (2000) without any plugin has these limitations. That is true.

I am currently doing experiments with plugins on another thread. It gives some very partial results.
https://gbatemp.net/posts/9514331/

Last edited by benone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: it was strapped....but in my youth i had anger management probs lmao