Gaming PSP Automatically Presses Select

melvox

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a bit down today. As stated above, it seems my PSP is pressing Select by itself. When I perform a coldboot 2 hours from turning it off, It works fine. When I press select, especially when playing Symphony of the Night, Select button goes crazy and keeps on displaying the map. I can still move Alucard and all but when i Turn off the PSP and then turn it on, None of the other buttons seems to work. and VSH menu pops like crazy. Do you guys think my PSP is messed up or the "ribbons" or does my PSP just need some TLC (cleaning)? I'm becoming restless - PSP ARRGGH! GROWL!
biggrin.gif

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, start with some cleaning and TLC. Then take a look at any plugins you have. Does the SELECT problem occur with any other games? For a while my psp did the same thing with the volume button; it would always come up, but the volume never went up or down.....after some cleaning, it worked fine. Maybe even open it up a bit to clean, you never know.

If it's a hardware problem, i'm afraid i'll be of little use to you. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
You might have something stuck in the contacts. Try opening her up and clean the "button ribbon" I dont know what else to call it...the strip of plastic that has all the bottom buttons...and then clean the contacts themselves.

melvox

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Problem is I'm still a newb to the PSP scene. Don't know how to open up my PSP and am very much afraid to do so. But I do want to check it 1st to see if I can do it myself rather than wasting money on some guy who learned cleaning PSPs from the interwebs too. Anyways, do you guys have a VERY GOOD guide which can help me troubleshoot my problems. I have searched everywhere and I'm pretty good at it too but to my surprise, I found nothing but just a guy who uses alcohol to just wipe dirt from his PSP using cotton-balls and alcohol.

melvox

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you guys for giving me tips on how to go through with this. I was able to find a very detailed step by step guide on how to open my PSP. Guess I saved myself the trouble of having to spend money for cleaning it. Again, thanks for all the replies. Mods please lock the thread now as it has served it purpose. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night