PSP-3000 bricking

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by andy10598, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009

PSP-3000 bricking by andy10598 at 10:35 PM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. andy10598
    OP

Newcomer andy10598 Member

Sweden
    This Christmas i wanted a psp and i got one but i was stupid enough not to ask for a fat or slim model and i got the 3k. Ever sense I've been looking for a way to install CFW and just today i found out about the ChickHEN enabler. But i read somewhere the 3000 is easily bricked and was just wondering if the 3k is very easily bricked and if there is an unbricker. [​IMG]

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    ChickHEN is safe if you use it with Custom Firmware Enabler, just don't do anything stupid like try and flash it (i.e. DO NOT use Hellcats Recovery Flasher).

And don't turn it off in the middle of Custom Firmware Enabler doing it's thing.

3. andy10598
    OP

Sweden
    So it's safe to install CFW as long as I'm careful? It'll probably be the first thing i do in the morning. Yays! [​IMG] Thanks! for quick reply.

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    No, it's not safe to install CFW. Installing CFW means completely flashing your PSP, and that is a bad idea for the 3000 (Will result in a brick).

Run ChickHEN, then run Custom Firmware Enabler.

5. andy10598
    OP

Sweden
    I tried to use chickHEN but it just freezes and shuts off every time. I tried like 15 times. I formated the Memmory stick and deleted the settings. help. [​IMG]

6. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    as long as you are on OFW 5.03, just keep trying. Think I tried 30 times before it worked the first time. Some says disabling UMD Cache and autostart helps, but I don't know... I had em disabled, and it still took a ton of tries.

7. andy10598
    OP

Sweden
    I got it to work now i just had the cable in and booted with UMD. Now it works at like the fourth attemt. [​IMG]

And I'm using custom firmware enabler.

8. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    It may just be me, but if I have a custom image on my background, ChickHEN will not load. Ever. If I restore the theme back to Classic (100% default), it loads within 4 tries.

9. andy10598
    OP

Sweden
    Now I figured out how to succed first attemt every time! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Do share your method. [​IMG]

11. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I manage to get it around 98% of time. What i do is i have about 10 other pics in PSP/PHOTO (jpegs btw), have default theme enabled and no UMD in, then go to photo>memory stick, and just scroll down really fast. (slim.tiff is at bottom) out of around 100 times i have tried it it has failed exactly twice. but if i have a UMD in it just won't work. and i had to reset settings first.

12. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well I used to have 4 other pictures besides the ChickHEN pictures, I did what SifJar did. After a while, it stopped working for me. Then I just left the pictures on my computer, put ChickHEN in a folder in my pictures section in the PSP. When I start my PSP, I go to Photos, MS, hold down and press X on the memory stick icon, and as soon as the ChickHEN folder pops up, I press X again and since I'm still holding down, it scrolls all the way down. This might not work for you, try different ways till you get a working way.

13. andy10598
    OP

Sweden
    I managed to get it to work every time by putting a UMD disk in dirctly after start up and waiting for the game logo to load then I open the chickHEN folder scroll down as the previews load. Hope it works. [​IMG]

14. ssjkakaroto

Newcomer ssjkakaroto Advanced Member

There is a ChickHEN Mod that works 100% on the first try with Genuine MS Pro Duo. I think you can get it on qj.