Gaming PSP-3000 bricking

andy10598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This Christmas i wanted a psp and i got one but i was stupid enough not to ask for a fat or slim model and i got the 3k. Ever sense I've been looking for a way to install CFW and just today i found out about the ChickHEN enabler. But i read somewhere the 3000 is easily bricked and was just wondering if the 3k is very easily bricked and if there is an unbricker.
psp.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ChickHEN is safe if you use it with Custom Firmware Enabler, just don't do anything stupid like try and flash it (i.e. DO NOT use Hellcats Recovery Flasher).

And don't turn it off in the middle of Custom Firmware Enabler doing it's thing.

andy10598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's safe to install CFW as long as I'm careful? It'll probably be the first thing i do in the morning. Yays!
yaypsp.gif
Thanks! for quick reply.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
andy10598 said:
So it's safe to install CFW as long as I'm careful? It'll probably be the first thing i do in the morning. Yays!
yaypsp.gif
Thanks! for quick reply.

No, it's not safe to install CFW. Installing CFW means completely flashing your PSP, and that is a bad idea for the 3000 (Will result in a brick).

Run ChickHEN, then run Custom Firmware Enabler.

andy10598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to use chickHEN but it just freezes and shuts off every time. I tried like 15 times. I formated the Memmory stick and deleted the settings. help.
unsure.gif

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as long as you are on OFW 5.03, just keep trying. Think I tried 30 times before it worked the first time. Some says disabling UMD Cache and autostart helps, but I don't know... I had em disabled, and it still took a ton of tries.

andy10598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it to work now i just had the cable in and booted with UMD. Now it works at like the fourth attemt.
biggrin.gif

And I'm using custom firmware enabler.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It may just be me, but if I have a custom image on my background, ChickHEN will not load. Ever. If I restore the theme back to Classic (100% default), it loads within 4 tries.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I manage to get it around 98% of time. What i do is i have about 10 other pics in PSP/PHOTO (jpegs btw), have default theme enabled and no UMD in, then go to photo>memory stick, and just scroll down really fast. (slim.tiff is at bottom) out of around 100 times i have tried it it has failed exactly twice. but if i have a UMD in it just won't work. and i had to reset settings first.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I used to have 4 other pictures besides the ChickHEN pictures, I did what SifJar did. After a while, it stopped working for me. Then I just left the pictures on my computer, put ChickHEN in a folder in my pictures section in the PSP. When I start my PSP, I go to Photos, MS, hold down and press X on the memory stick icon, and as soon as the ChickHEN folder pops up, I press X again and since I'm still holding down, it scrolls all the way down. This might not work for you, try different ways till you get a working way.

andy10598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get it to work every time by putting a UMD disk in dirctly after start up and waiting for the game logo to load then I open the chickHEN folder scroll down as the previews load. Hope it works.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER