psp 2004 display problem

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by takasu27, May 2, 2013.

1. takasu27
    OP

takasu27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    p-7 rosario, santiago city, isabela region 2
    ahmm... this is my first time here guys so please be kind to me. ahm. i just want to ask what is the problem of my psp. there's a strange line on the far left corner of my screen and strange black thingy like splotches please help and sorry if my english kinda sucks......

Attached Files:

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    It's similar to this (borrowed pictures from ...)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

The narrow discolouration/lightening at the screen edge. It's quite common on PSP LCD's.

Is this something that's just happened over night, is this a PSP you've just got, have you dropped it or spilt anything on it? Have you left it out in the sun or where it could experience temperature changes?

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I think that has to do with the metal shell that's on the back and sides of the LCD being loose.

Step 5 first shows it. After disassembling and reassembling that PSP more times than I'd like and having bent the metal, I noticed it.

4. takasu27
    OP

takasu27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    thnx for reply... first ahm id never drop this psp before. 2nd it seems that the black splotches randomly change shape. 3rd its always on screen and change shape but only noticeable on dark colors.the real prob is the orange line on far left. is there any way of fixing it?

5. takasu27
    OP

takasu27 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    l
    thnx for reply. you mean that the bent metal shell produce some kind of pressure on lcd? or some kind of stuck pixel?

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    More that the backlight bleeds out from the crack.