Psp 2001 screen problem

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Cavalry_2010, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Cavalry_2010
    OP

Cavalry_2010 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Venezuela
    Hey guys, recently i bought an used blue Psp 2001 from an online site in my country (somewhat like ebay), and it works perfectly fine, but! sometimes when I press the O (circle) button a little bit hard, the screen loses brigthness and red vertical lines appears all around the screen, sometimes when I press it a little bit more hard the screen goes somewhat white and then goes back to normal. Also note that sometimes when I shake the console the vertical lines can appear and the screen has 2 dead pixels.

What do you guys think? could it be a loose conection on the ribbon cable.. or is the screen just dying on me? Could a screen replacement fix this problem? thx for your time reading this.

2. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Buy a replacement screen from ebay, it works on 2000/2001. From my experience. I could not get the replacement screen to work on a 1000 series (Original Fat PSP). Just make sure the small ribbon is pushed all the way in, if you have to pop off the small white tab, do so with a thick threading needle and then just pop it back on top even if you break one of the little sides.

I also replaced the power switch with one from ebay, so I can verify that method works also for a 2000/2001 psp (slim version).