Hacking Hardware Battery drain problems

Mrzio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a modded Nintendo Switch, This Nintendo has been gifted by a friend but I only needed to fix it. After a bit I have hard modded it but I'm having 2 main problems: the first one is about an high battery consumption and the second one about the fact that the fan goes crazy when play, I have applied new thermal paste on the cpu when modding it, also the fan sometimes goes crazy and only putting in sleep mode and re-turning it on fix that. By the time I'm now writing in cfw the battery percentage in about 15 minutes with the screen on without touching anything gone by 68% to 63%. Furthermore seeing the battery status in hekate (I have a pre-done pack) the CPU/GPU PMIC is v15 and not v18 as a lot of people with Erista switch have, also attach a photo of it.

Attachments

• 20230529_111822.jpg
    20230529_111822.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20230529_111835.jpg
    20230529_111835.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40

Doneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Providing the application for the new paste was sound, Id ask if your experiencing ramped up fan usage whilst playing ToTK with mods. If so, update atmosphere. There were some issues with memory allocation and layered FS mods. Users reported, among other things increased fan speeds.

Id try fully draining the battery and then charging again to 100% with InfoNX overlay installed to reduce charging current to minimums. InfoNX will allow you to view battery infomation easily from within Horizon. Nothing looks majorly off with capacity results and the draw doesnt appear too high for the current screen brightness.

Someone with more experience in the matter can talk for the battery versions, figured Id get the easy stuff out of the way.

Courtesy of Impeeza, recompiled with new libnx;

InfoNX
File:
InfoNX-ovl_v1.0.1-3d4c11df_Libtesla-e06d425.zip
Repo: https://github.com/renA21/InfoNX/
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/infonx-ovl_v1-0-1-3d4c11df_libtesla-e06d425-zip.370175/

Mrzio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Providing the application for the new paste was sound, Id ask if your experiencing ramped up fan usage whilst playing ToTK with mods. If so, update atmosphere. There were some issues with memory allocation and layered FS mods. Users reported, among other things increased fan speeds.

Id try fully draining the battery and then charging again to 100% with InfoNX overlay installed to reduce charging current to minimums. Nothing looks majorly off with capacity results and the draw doesnt appear too high for the current screen brightness.

Someone with more experience in the matter can talk for the battery versions, figured Id get the easy stuff out of the way.
Hi Doneo, Thank u so much for the answer, I will try and let u know!

Mrzio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The battery seems to be fine now, updating to Atmposhpere 1.5.4 (early version) also fixed the fan issue on Totk, but now I can't open tesla and also Mission Controlls doesn't work, I also tried to install and reinstall them using the appstore

Doneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The battery seems to be fine now, updating to Atmposhpere 1.5.4 (early version) also fixed the fan issue on Totk, but now I can't open tesla and also Mission Controlls doesn't work, I also tried to install and reinstall them using the appstore

Sorry for the late response, I assume youve got this fixed?

If not ensure Tesla Overlay and all overlays are updated with the new libnx changes. Any overlays updated since mid march should have the changes.

If not Impeeza to the rescue again with soem overlays compiled with the latest libNX.

Drop a thank on Impeezas post to!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr