Gaming PSP 2000 Sticking DPad

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the low down, about 9 months back, my left button on the DPad started to "stick"

If you hold the button too long, or too hard, it'll stick for around 3 or 4 secs.

I dismantled the system to check the button rubber pads to make sure they were cleaned, and they were.

Worst, I could reproduce the issue my simply pushing on the FPC itself!!! (meaning the problem seems to be between the FPC and the motherboard!!)

I didn't care much about it afterward, but yesterday the UP and DOWN button started acting the same way.

I have an idea on what caused this though, I seem to remember doing the same, last time it started. I was playing a PS1 game on TV using the A/V cable....

I'm beginning to suspect playing with the A/V cable heats the area underneath the DPad, making whatever holds the FPC to change state and become "sticky" for good.

Anyone ever had this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

Don't say send it to sony, because I'm not on warranty anymore, and it would most likely be cheaper to just buy a used system, and doing so would make my Monster Hunter freedom save totally useless
wink.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Woah! Whole sale copy and paste! And it seems somewhat unlikely that your AV Connection is melting your PSP internals.

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Woah! Whole sale copy and paste! And it seems somewhat unlikely that your AV Connection is melting your PSP internals.

lol, ya... I wrote it on a few forums...

I'm still wondering what could be causing this, and how I can fix it.

I know it's not the buttons themselves, so it must be between the FPC and motherboard. Though I'm still not sure what would be doing it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The only solution to that would be replacing the internals by salvaging parts from a second PSP. Just give Sony a call and get a quote on a repair....

Zantagor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm last time I asked, it was 90$ USD....

at this price might as well buy a new one.

Besides, it'll most likely replace the motherboard, meaning no more CFW
wink.gif

This is also why I was asking if anyone knew how I could fix it, I'm pretty sure it's something that should be cleaned or something

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm beginning to suspect playing with the A/V cable heats the area underneath the DPad, making whatever holds the FPC to change state and become "sticky" for good.

Could you not easily lock out or the AV cable causes the heat by playing the same game without AV for aprox the same time?

And yes 90 dollar is alot of money you could get a 2nd hand PSP for that price.

Perhaps you could buy a 2nd hand PSP which has its LCD damaged orso?
This to put your old LCD onto the PSP which you bought with broken LCD?

But perhaps its smart to first narrow down what really causes this.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1