PSN Store Set To Return May 24th

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony's PlayStation Network store has been given a tentative return date of May 24, almost five weeks after it was taken offline.

That's according to an internal Sony memo seen by Gamasutra, which states that Sony intends to publish two updates every week for the next two weeks to catch up with a backlog of new DLC and games on the store - and rearrange the schedule depending on urgency.

"If there are concerns, we are willing to consider adjusting the release date of your content on this schedule," said PSN content manager Jack Osorno. "Adjustments will be made on a case by case basis."

The PlayStation Store is the only major service not up and running on the network since it went back online last weekend.

Multiplayer features, Qriocity and other services have gradually been reinstated to the network, following a hack in which 77 million accounts were compromised.[/p]

One Source

Want to try out inFAMOUS and Ratchet and Clank as I don't have those games from the free list!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
LOL! Sony means:-

PSN will be back on 24th May to go down yet again in the next few hours.

Pointless Services Network.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
They just hacked it again yesterday.

How safe is it gonna be even though it's back up?

I don't think people are gonna be so open about buying things form PSN now...
it didn't get hacked it was a URL exploit, and got fixed the day it popped up, and emails are sent to people who had their passwords changed anyway, it's not like they could have lost access to their account

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
For the love of....

THEY WERE NOT FUCKING HACKED AGAIN. It was an exploit that Sony themselves found and made a point to fix. The password change system was just like any other anyways. I don't see the fuss. As previously noted, you are emailed every time the password is changed.

On topic: Glad to see that the store has a date. If they couldn't set up new, awesome security in five weeks, I would be surprised.

For those wondering about the security: It is all fixes needed specifically with the store. They don't need to do anything regarding your PS3, just have the store app up and running with the proper encryption, firewalls, and any extra security they deem necessary.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice they own my epsoide 3 and 4 of back to the future and they better have 3 this week and 4 next for all i give a damn about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)