PSN Store Set To Return May 24th

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, May 19, 2011.

May 19, 2011
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Sony's PlayStation Network store has been given a tentative return date of May 24, almost five weeks after it was taken offline.

That's according to an internal Sony memo seen by Gamasutra, which states that Sony intends to publish two updates every week for the next two weeks to catch up with a backlog of new DLC and games on the store - and rearrange the schedule depending on urgency.

"If there are concerns, we are willing to consider adjusting the release date of your content on this schedule," said PSN content manager Jack Osorno. "Adjustments will be made on a case by case basis."

The PlayStation Store is the only major service not up and running on the network since it went back online last weekend.

Multiplayer features, Qriocity and other services have gradually been reinstated to the network, following a hack in which 77 million accounts were compromised.[/p]

One Source

Want to try out inFAMOUS and Ratchet and Clank as I don't have those games from the free list!

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I am not sure how safe it is at this stage.. I mean, how much can they re-programme stuff, how much can they change..

3. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    They just hacked it again yesterday.

How safe is it gonna be even though it's back up?

I don't think people are gonna be so open about buying things form PSN now...

4. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    LOL! Sony means:-

PSN will be back on 24th May to go down yet again in the next few hours.

Pointless Services Network.

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    it didn't get hacked it was a URL exploit, and got fixed the day it popped up, and emails are sent to people who had their passwords changed anyway, it's not like they could have lost access to their account

6. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    For the love of....

THEY WERE NOT FUCKING HACKED AGAIN. It was an exploit that Sony themselves found and made a point to fix. The password change system was just like any other anyways. I don't see the fuss. As previously noted, you are emailed every time the password is changed.

On topic: Glad to see that the store has a date. If they couldn't set up new, awesome security in five weeks, I would be surprised.

For those wondering about the security: It is all fixes needed specifically with the store. They don't need to do anything regarding your PS3, just have the store app up and running with the proper encryption, firewalls, and any extra security they deem necessary.

7. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    nice they own my epsoide 3 and 4 of back to the future and they better have 3 this week and 4 next for all i give a damn about.