PSN/PSX games do not start on ProC2

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by codezer0, Feb 18, 2013.

Feb 18, 2013
  1. codezer0
    OP

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    PSP Go user. Installed 6.20 Pro-C2 in perma-jailbreak mode, since I keep getting told I can't do it on a newer one, despite what the list on the procfw google page implies.

Suddenly today, I can't start any of my PSX games at all, when it's been fine from the first inset of installing ProC and now ProC2. I get the "Game cannot be started. (FFFFFFFF)" error when I start any of them now.

Searching on the bug report pages, I don't seem to be the only one, thankfully. Though at least some more searching suggested I would need to run popsloader in the meantime to get around this issue. But that's just it... I can't find anywhere to properly download it... Any help?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You can't use Popsloader with PSN games though....don't know what that guy was smoking when he made that suggestion but it probably wasn't legal. It's a problem with C2 that needs to be ironed out.

3. codezer0
    OP

United States
    What's weirder about this is that I had ProC2 installed for quite a while, but this only started happening today.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It's only PSN games though...i believe standard user converted PSX eboots work ok (although that may be via Popsloader as suggested). Are you sure you've not just shifted from home-made PSX to PSN PSX?

It's generally good practice with PSP firmwares not to jump on new updates but to wait for kinks to get ironed out....which is why so many people ended up on 5.00M33-6 when the world had moved on.

5. codezer0
    OP

United States
    I suppose I'll need to roll back to original ProC. Didn't have a problem with that one.

Yea, where possible I usually went for the "PSN PSX" releases, because I was hoping to maybe transfer these to my CFW PS3 as well down the line to play. Strangely enough, never saw anything about how I could transfer said titles over. It'd certainly tide me over until OpenCOBRA is finally released (I really, really hope it is) ...