prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
PmYF3l.jpg

Starting tomorrow, head into the PlayStation Store to cast your vote for your favorite games in nine of the 10 categories and receive a free Gamers’ Choice Awards XMB theme for each vote cast. New this year, you can also cast your vote online in one special community category, Best PSN Indie, and you’ll receive a voucher code to be redeemed in the PlayStation Store for a free exclusive XMB theme. Your votes exclusively pick the winners in every category, and your award winners go on sale.

Don’t go too far because the winning games in each category will be announced right here on the PlayStation Blog in just one week–on March 6, 2012–and that same day, the winning game in each category will be discounted 30% in the PlayStation Store for one week, with a special 50% discount for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Best PSN Exclusive:

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (PS3)
PixelJunk Shooter 2 (PS3)
TETRIS (PS3)

Best PSN Game:

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (PS3)
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3)
Resident Evil 4 (PS3)

Best PSN Game Playable Online:

Hard Corps: Uprising (PS3)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (PS3)
TETRIS (PS3)

Best PS3 Full Game:

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)
Assassin’s Creed II: Deluxe Edition (PS3)
Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (PS3)

Best PlayStation Move Game:

4Elements HD (PS3)
Dungeon Defenders (PS3)
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (PS3)

Best 3D Game:

Dungeon Defenders (PS3)
God of War: Origins Collection (PS3)
The Sly Collection (PS3)

Best PSone Classic:

Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP)
Parasite Eve (PS3/PSP)
Xenogears (PS3/PSP)

Best Mini Game:

Angry Birds (PS3/PSP)
The Impossible Game (PS3/PSP)
PAC-MAN Championship Edition (PS3/PSP)

Best PSP Game:

DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
DISSIDIA 012 Prologus FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

PlayStation Community Award – Best Indie:

Dungeon Defenders (PS3)
LIMBO (PS3)
PixelJunk Shooter 2 (PS3)

http://blog.us.plays...ecide-tomorrow/

can we just

repeat this

Best PSP Game:
DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
DISSIDIA 012 Prologus FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

what

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really put a demo (DISSIDIA 012 Prologus FINAL FANTASY (PSP)) up for voting?

So many good games came out this year for the psp and they choose this...

Reactions: 1 person

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It never fails to surprise me how completely stupid the people at Sony are, or how stupid they think we are....that's one godawful collection of top three's for each category and smacks of pushing people towards buying flagging titles.

Seriously Sony....sack your media team and start over.

Reactions: 1 person

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
FFVI was a PSOne classic wasn't it... :unsure: How the hell is that not on the list?

It wasn't a great port. But Xenogears is an awful game and Chrono Trigger i have difficulty accepting on the PSP when the DS version is effectively definitive. Don't know how i feel about Parasite Eve but i'd much rather have seen Vagrant Story and Soul Reaver in place of Xenogears and Chrono Trigger, merely because they could do with some more recognition...perhaps even Tomb Radier The Last Revelation?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
FFVI was a PSOne classic wasn't it... :unsure: How the hell is that not on the list?

It wasn't a great port. But Xenogears is an awful game and Chrono Trigger i have difficulty accepting on the PSP when the DS version is effectively definitive. Don't know how i feel about Parasite Eve but i'd much rather have seen Vagrant Story and Soul Reaver in place of Xenogears and Chrono Trigger, merely because they could do with some more recognition...perhaps even Tomb Radier The Last Revelation?
Is it? Damn...I heard Xenogears sucked and Chrono Trigger was alright.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Can't vote on any of the PS3 stuff but...

Dissidia 012 for PSP game. Possibly the greatest PSP game, period.

I wouldn't particularly choose any of the PSX games but I'd choose Parasite Eve if I had to.
Monster Hunter 3rd period. Type-0 is way better than dissdia. Oh well have yet to play the english one. Cant really judge it yet.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter 3rd period. Type-0 is way better than dissdia. Oh well have yet to play the english one. Cant really judge it yet.

...So you'll put two Japanese games you don't even understand over a fantastic ARPG with incredible amounts of content and incredibly fun gameplay mechanics?

Dissidia was just both potently addictive and endless. That's exactly what you want for a handheld game.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
...So you'll put two Japanese games you don't even understand over a fantastic ARPG with incredible amounts of content and incredibly fun gameplay mechanics?

Dissidia was just both potently addictive and endless. That's exactly what you want for a handheld game.
Translation patch sir. Everything is patched. And i prefer challenging fun with 3 other friends than a endless brawl with the same stupid CPU opponents once you get the hang of it. Multiplayer? Nah im not going to bother with it becasue either the person i play against is too noobish or either too pro for me. The plot on all those games are lame anyways. So in gameplay i would say MH3rd ftw.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Translation patch sir. Everything is patched. And i prefer challenging fun with 3 other friends than a endless brawl with the same stupid CPU opponents once you get the hang of it. Multiplayer? Nah im not going to bother with it becasue either the person i play against is too noobish or either too pro for me. The plot on all those games are lame anyways. So in gameplay i would say MH3rd ftw.
Thing is, Not everyone has hacked their PSP and has translation patch. And would they really put up a Japanese game in a US thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16