Hacking PSA: Nintendo blocked the Sky3DS (partially) through new anti-piracy checks in their upcoming games

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Obvious he won't. But some others will from his work.
Where the seed is planted, roots will grow. He may or may not support the AP bypass, but the fact that homebrew is already considered hacking and absuing exploits, why stop there right? He's done ROM hacking, It's not like he will limit himself there. Only time will tell.

noahhaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to be clear:

I have just bought a new 3ds with a newer firmware. If I do not mind not being able to play new games, (the library till now is fine for me), sky3ds is still an excellent choice right and it will keep working for those older games?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to be clear:

I have just bought a new 3ds with a newer firmware. If I do not mind not being able to play new games, (the library till now is fine for me), sky3ds is still an excellent choice right and it will keep working for those older games?

Yes a Sky3ds will work on older games. Though I would hold off until the end of the year as Sky MIGHT(this is me guessing no rumors or anything) release a new card that can get around the new AP check.

Reactions: honyo29

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes a Sky3ds will work on older games. Though I would hold off until the end of the year as Sky MIGHT(this is me guessing no rumors or anything) release a new card that can get around the new AP check.
They're going to have a giant shit storm it they have to resort to having people to buy their non upgradable POS if Nintendo decides to find another way around the AP patching.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're going to have a giant shit storm it they have to resort to having people to buy their non upgradable POS if Nintendo decides to find another way around the AP patching.

Pretty sure this was all predicted, and was widely accepted because of the situation users were put in, some bought consoles w/ ver. 9.3+ and others had friends/family "accidentally" update there firmware. Thats why

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Pretty sure this was all predicted, and was widely accepted because of the situation users were put in, some bought consoles w/ ver. 9.3+ and others had friends/family "accidentally" update there firmware. Thats why

Still, their unreasonable pricing is something that doesn't make sense. $100 for a non upgradable cart? and $60 for an upgradable one. Wut

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm cool with Sky3DS, I knew exactly what I was buying.

But if they ever release a new model, I won't buy it. I will just wait for a new exploit.

PS: Still waiting for the Legend of Legacy template...

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

But if they ever release a new model, I won't buy it. I will just wait for a new exploit.

So am I, and it's getting annoying that they've been ignoring their emails, it's been a week since launch and for something thats without AP flags, they're really taunting us on it.

Metalshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The template for legend of legacy is out. Im playing on it right now.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
legend of zelda triforce heroes have AP check ,i used CTR to check and it have it
Thanks for the double check. I guess it's no surprise that anything Nintendo franchised is a no go. The Skyteam days are numbered which sort of sucks. If they don't figure out a way without the need for another overpriced green button (shrug), then they're pretty much screwed.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks for the double check. I guess it's no surprise that anything Nintendo franchised is a no go. The Skyteam days are numbered which sort of sucks. If they don't figure out a way without the need for another overpriced green button (shrug), then they're pretty much screwed.
why not buy the real game ?
if you really want that game, buy it , its not main line zelda game anyway

Reactions: Zidapi and QCLasky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...