{PSA} Luma3DS 5.5 released!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ThePanchamBros, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePanchamBros
    OP

ThePanchamBros Hates the Undertale Fandom

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Under your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hey everyone, just wanted to announce that AuroraWright has released luma3DS v.5.5 today. to update, just download the files on the Luma3DS page (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases) and replace your old files on your sd card with these.
    The new Luma adds:
    Added RO patches, which allow you to load custom CRO files (mainly used for Pokémon romhacks)
    • Reimplemented svcBackdoor and patched out the anti-downgrade checks for the latest (11.0) FIRM
    • Added support for recovery mode (L+R+Up+A) on A9LH (you can safely update SysNAND from it without losing A9LH)
    • Added support for N3DS 9.5 FIRM
    • Luma3DS doesn't reboot the console anymore when exiting its configuration menu (useful for non-A9LH users)
    • Splash screen timings are now consistent, it always lasts exactly 3 seconds
    • Fixed the FRIENDS module patch not to break online play (as it did after the 11.0 update) on future system updates. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    • 3ds_injector can now be larger than the original FIRM loader (will allow for more patches)
    • Fixed compiling with latest ctrulib
    • Several performance improvements, and other minor changes and bugfixes

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  4. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Where's the PSA for FBI 2.2.3? It now installs seeds automatically even for out of region cia's so no need for cryptofixing anymore. That's bigger news than this.

5. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Been so long since we seen a new update, that someone just had to make a PSA for any kind of update. The desperation is real, for Luma3DS updates. Even though it works perfect as it is now (Yeah I know this new update fixes online play, but I bet people will still starve for new updates after this)

6. Hking0036

Hking0036 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    There's only so much that happens. When new developments happen, they'll be added.

Even if it seems slow right now since the crazy rush that's happened since December, there's still plenty going on, and the devs are active.

Last edited by Hking0036, May 28, 2016
  7. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Wait, custom CRO files? So this means that we can now change the starters in Pokemon? The world just became a better place...

8. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I don't mind a new thread for a new release. Keeping track of releases in the same thread is tiresome.

Ryccardo and blujay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.