Hacking [PSA] LayeredFS is causing Banwave!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,791
  • Replies 118
  • Likes 9

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logic tells me clearing your log could also get you ban potentially. If your log was uploaded to Nintendo when using your switch Unmodified, and they happen to keep logs of your logs, then next next you go online it upload your blank log = you modified your console = breaking user agreement = ban right...?

If you use Hekate and dReport, it clears the logs on Boot so that shouldn't be as much of an issue. As far as I understand, it only submits the logs when something crashes - so if you delete the log on boot when nothing can crash, it should (in theory) clear any signs of CFW or modding.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They deliberately make the bans seem random so its hard to know for sure. My guess would be any mod is unsafe at the moment.
ehh...I highly doubt it's the mods. unless it's one that effect what show up for other players it's a tad harder to tell someone is using a mod. especially simple model and texture swaps

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has always targeted cheaters and modders more than pirates. Anything that disrupted their online community will be on their Most Wanted List - especially now their paid online service is launching soon.

slicer2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Go to Settings, and tell us if "Share Error Information" is set to ON of OFF ?

I haven't disabled it, then yes it's on. But i recall now that today i was online when i was playing some single player games, maybe that was the reason

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They deliberately make the bans seem random so its hard to know for sure. My guess would be any mod is unsafe at the moment.

ehh...I highly doubt it's the mods. unless it's one that effect what show up for other players it's a tad harder to tell someone is using a mod. especially simple model and texture swaps

It's not the mods which are causing the bans, it's LayeredFS itself or as SciresM has put it:

SciresM said:
Btw, I had assumed it went without saying -- if you're playing with unofficial builds of work in progress layeredfs stuff that is broken (and crashes frequently, consequentially), you shouldn't be anywhere near online and shouldn't even have online enabled. I use custom error codes for debugging, and if a report with one of those goes up to N's server from your console, you will almost certainly get banned from online. If you're concerned about that, don't use stuff until it's done.

NoWayFarQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve only seen one claim so far that “No online SXOS” has been banned. Considering it’s so unique and the person hasn’t said anything else, it may have been made up to cause mass hysteria. We can’t be certain though.

I’ve activated the licence online on console so hopefully I’ll be ok.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I’ve only seen one claim so far that “No online SXOS” has been banned. Considering it’s so unique and the person hasn’t said anything else, it may have been made up to cause mass hysteria. We can’t be certain though.

I’ve activated the licence online on console so hopefully I’ll be ok.
It's not true. There are SX users who reported getting banned while online on CFW mode

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know the number but if you go in the banwave thread there has been at least 2 reports of only using SX online before the ban, probably more
There is one unconfirmed, he stopped talking and the other I think could be flagged somehow he was very vague in his reponse, but that could be 1 confirmed but he wasnt careful with not going online clause

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And thats why its hard to find a reliable source of honest bans. Too many ppl report this and that but don't tell the whole story on what they actually did. Or just trolling around this is a playground for anti pirates causing mass confusion.
Saying stuff like "I got banned for save editing" nope a save file isn't going to trigger a ban there's more activity going on there. The conclusion is that ppl are going online/using their server carelessly

Plague1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad I stayed away from layeredfs:yayps3: it was too buggy to begin with I bet it cranked out a shit ton of errors that users weren't able to see... But Nintendo saw it clearly when the switch phoned home:rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye