Hardware PSA: DO NOT USE A SKIN ON YOUR SWITCH!!!

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seriously, I don't get why people are posting this like it's something new or exclusive to the Switch .-.
Because it is relevant to the Switch
The OP never said it was exclusive to the Switch; he's making a PSA
Ofc it's not new. It's just "new" to the Switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Depends on the adhesive used as much as the plastic or finish. As someone else suggested, if the 'official' skins Nintendo is selling do this, then they've got a real problem. But if only 3rd party unlicensed skins do this, you've got a problem. If'n you know what I'm sayin'.
It's probably just dbrand's "special adhesives thingy mcwagnimleton"

MadMageKefka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did post it, but I went unnoticed. FUUUU
On topic; What about the official Switch skins? Do those have a secret Switch-safe adhesive that prevents them from leaving damage or something?
Sorry =P I tried searching for this topic but didnt find it. Guess I should have looked harder. The official skins are on my mind too. If they produce the same result...... how could ninty not notice that? They're gonna have to replace a good number of consoles on launch day if that turns out to be the case. =/

Seriously, I don't get why people are posting this like it's something new or exclusive to the Switch .-.
The point is to warn people, not say that its unique. Stop reading too far into things. I never said anything like that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The point is to warn people, not say that its unique. Stop reading too far into things. I never said anything like that.
I feel like this should be common knowledge that skins are horrible for pretty much everything. But I guess I can be wrong since people still keep buying/making them for some reason...
Although I do feel like Nintendo should have tested this, then again they shipped the system with shitty controllers.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we go! This has been posted before, but now that we can see the damage.. Maybe we won't get the smartass "just don't take it off" remarks.
Why add a skin in the first place? I get its preference but its not like the OEM look of the console is by any means ugly to even think of adding a skin.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it is, be it the NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, you can't damage any of them by adding a adhesive and them peeling it off.
Of course it will leave some glue there that needs alcohol/water to remove... but this never.

Last edited by Pachee,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because it is, be it the NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, you can't damage any of them by adding a adhesive and them peeling it off.
Of course it will leave some glue there that needs alcohol/water to remove... but this never.
That's because they were made of high quality plastic instead of the cheap shit we uses nowadays

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's because they were made of high quality plastic instead of the cheap shit we uses nowadays
Did you want to pay $1500 for your Switch so it could have the highest quality materials, was indestructible, and could actually run a launch title @ 1080p 60fps? Inb4 "Yes I would because it's Nintendo and I have the money, I'm willing to pay for good products"
Also, I don't believe that there's damage because it's "cheap shit", but rather because that's just what Nintendo went with because it looked nice and was (cost effective?).
The Switch is not a good console (because it's not, but that's just my opinion and I'm a flipflopper anyways)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And we start to see where nintendo cut corners, if simple adhesive rips off pieces of plastic, I hate to see what it looks like after months of normal wear and tear.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you want to pay $1500 for your Switch so it could have the highest quality materials, was indestructible, and could actually run a launch title @ 1080p 60fps? Inb4 "Yes I would because it's Nintendo and I have the money, I'm willing to pay for good products"
Also, I don't believe that there's damage because it's "cheap shit", but rather because that's just what Nintendo went with because it looked nice and was (cost effective?).
The Switch is not a good console (because it's not, but that's just my opinion and I'm a flipflopper anyways)
Or we could pay a little more for better plastic. Even the DS/3DS used decent quality plastic.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
If my eyes aren't deceiving me, Nintendo have decided to coat the surface with a thin layer of paint.
If anything should be reported, it's that tacky practice. I wonder if the neons are coated too, or whether they are moulded with uncoated plastics of 'native' colour.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Seriously, I wan't know the official/partned once, if they also leave a mark. Dbrands skins stick like extremly well on anything. No shit they might rip off a thin coating... maybe this coating won't leave loads of nasty stains everywhere like the ugly freaking glossy plastic that other manufacturers use.

Kazzie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If my eyes aren't deceiving me, Nintendo have decided to coat the surface with a thin layer of paint.
If anything should be reported, it's that tacky practice. I wonder if the neons are coated too, or whether they are moulded with uncoated plastics of 'native' colour.

That isn't new either. The gold Skyward Sword Wiimote is yellow-brown plastic with gold paint on top. The battery cover of mine has a small bit rubbed away, where my ring finger happens to rest.

Reactions: foob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/xeWd4a5RYJ8?si=URwg3PNBQa5zPuXt that birthday cake look jumpin