PS5 Pro? Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 4 Remakes, Perfect Dark Decompiled & more - Tempcast #94

tempcast-169-logo-png.297330
Quantity doesn't always mean quality, which is a motto you could certainly apply to this long episode of the Tempcast. Joining us for this special anniversary episode is prominent GBAtemp member and lawyer Eric "Ericzander" Zander. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a mic for him so he used an old pair of half-broken airpods. Join us as we discuss the latest gaming news, such as new additions to the Silent Hill franchise, the N64 title Perfect Dark finally decompiled before Microsoft was able to make a remake, and the Bayonetta 3 controversy. Also, we touch upon a deadly rumor circulating at least on one chinese website - PS5 pro devkits supposedly at the hands of developers as we speak.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn
Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The Bayonetta 3 controversy is an invention of the company to do mass marketing and make the game better known. where have we come to....

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm a Resident Evil expert :^}
In terms of modern/action RE, it can be argued that either RE4 or RE5 are the best, but RE4 usually gets the crown.
As for classic RE, RE2 for sure is the best viewed one from the line, but Remake is a very good one as well.
As for modern/horror RE, RE7 might be better than 8, but they're both really.

We don't talk about the RE spinoffs haha

I'm also a SH fan too, and been heavily following the franchise up to SH Downpour, where I think it all went off rails lol

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously it's a marketing strategy

Obviously you don't know what the word obviously means. Becasue Hellena Taylor going on a career suicide mission with her pitiful Twitter tirade was all a set up to promote the game? I'll ask what someone else has already asked. Do you really believe that?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Obviously you don't know what the word obviously means. Becasue Hellena Taylor going on a career suicide mission with her pitiful Twitter tirade was all a set up to promote the game? I'll ask what someone else has already asked. Do you really believe that?
I don't believe it, but I have evidence to present it as an irrefutable fact!

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
New week, new tempcast! :P Jokes aside, really fun to get a new episode! And happy anniversary to the site! :toot:

About the Silent Hill stream, they actually messed up and released the entire stream as a full video before the stream was even supposed to start. Yes, Konami somehow managed to leak their own reveal.:huh:

update: (writing while listening...) about videogame movies, I highly recommend the first Street Fighter movie. It is Very entertaining! Raúl Juliá going all in on his M. Bison character.
update2: just hit the 19:20 mark. Oh, never mind... :rofl2:

final update: man, the PS5 pro rumor... yeah, that's never fun. But I suspect a large part of the install base will remain OG PS5, and developers will be motivated to not treat them it too badly. I seem to remember some modern game even giving the player the option of performance vs eye-candy (Spiderman?) so hopefully that customizeability will become a trend now that consoles receive incremental updated versions. Still, you have my sympathy, @AlanJohn.

Last edited by Slinger,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Only like 10 people own a PlayStation 5"

Wrong. Closer to 20 million.

"Did you ever play a game on your PS5 and think FUCK, I need more power, I need more frames"

Quite often.

"There hasn't been any major advancements in software/hardware in the last two years that warrants a mid-gen upgrade"

Say what? Maybe that you don't know of, but there most certainly have been. Not to mention PS5 and Series X were both under-powered at launch. "Pro" models could quite easily allow games like A Plague Tale Requiem to run at 60fps on consoles instead of 30fps.

"We're not even in the mid-generation. We're just starting"

We're two years post launch of the current gen, not just starting. Also, pro models aren't coming out holiday 2022. They wouldn't likely be ready until 2024 which would place them at mid-gen.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Only 10 people own a PS5" This argument still exists? There are 20 some million PS5s out there.
And they are all owned by 10 people from eBay. /s

Anyway, seriously it really feels like PS5 gen still doesn't even start, I mean, mine is collecting dust and when it is not most of what I play is for, or was also released for PS4.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And they are all owned by 10 people from eBay. /s

Anyway, seriously it really feels like PS5 gen still doesn't even start, I mean, mine is collecting dust and when it is not most of what I play is for, or was also released for PS4.

My post was pretty heavily added to after I submit it. I don't really disagree that it feels like this gen is just starting, but imo the Series X is even worse in regards to console exclusive games and most everything for that system is also cross-gen. It's not just the PS5. I think things are getting better though and that more current-gen ONLY titles are on the way. :)

Reactions: sarkwalvein

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I see that you aren't aware of how the digital market works these days, you will see that bayonetta 3 will sell more than all previous installments thanks to this 'real' case... Obviously

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc