PS4 sells over 35.9m units

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by emigre, Jan 6, 2016.

1. emigre
    OP

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    [​IMG]

:arrow:Source

It really is staggering at how much of a behemoth the PS4 has been. With 2016 having a host of games coming out for it, the 50 million mark is coming sooner rather than later.

EDIT: just noticed at how big picture is lulz.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    inb4 "NU GUMZ :cry:"

Neat. This thing has sold ~half of current worldwide PS3 sales in only ~2 years, pretty great.

3. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    if only Sony gave some fucks for the Vita...

4. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    Too bad they're not supporting it properly with proper first and second party efforts. We'll just get another derivative but pretty Uncharted, which is fine. And other sequels. But truly, this is easily, EASILY, the worst console generation by far in regards to 1st party title support and it's truly ridiculous given that this generation isn't nearly as painful for game development as it was last three generations.

At least on the flip side I don't need to waste money on consoles this generation for fear of missing any titles since 95% of anything worthwhile finally comes to PC and I expect that trend to continue.

When Sony killed off the Vita after the first year (from proper support that didn't consist of giving Indie developers a pass) I knew they've gone back down the rabbit hole. They fight tooth and nail, make a huge dent into Nintendo's handheld market, make a tidy profit on the PSP, and then throw it alllll away after just a year with the Vita. Ridiculous and they've proven to do the same with the PSN and PS4. They're doing absolutely the least to support their platforms and are just cashing licensing checks from third party developers since they're on top again. A true tragedy since a Sony on the brink and fighting for life or for its future is truly a Sony worth admiring and gaining benefit as a gamer.

Last edited by goober, Jan 6, 2016
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    35.9? I know we take a somewhat dim view of console sales threads because arbitrary numbers are arbitrary but that is just reaching for an impressive number to have to announce Christmas sales. I now have to wonder if 5.9m is a poor number compared to years past, however I am far too lazy to look that up right now.

Edit. The laziness abated for a few seconds. Hmm http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...soft-in-holiday-console-sales.html/?a=viewall
    Are they worried would be compared to android or something?

6. kelbiiz

kelbiiz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2015
    Very cool!!! thanks for sharing... :D

7. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Even though I dont play a ton of stuff on it, my Destiny/Hulu box has gotten me my money's worth many times over.