OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pk6oZKo.jpg

Sony have recently announced the Playstation 4 has sold though to consumers 35.9 million units. 5.7m units were sold during the "holiday season", (22nd November through 2nd January).

Whereas Playstation Plus memberships has increased by 60% compared to 2014. Most likely owing due to the need to pay for online multiplayer.

:arrow:Source

It really is staggering at how much of a behemoth the PS4 has been. With 2016 having a host of games coming out for it, the 50 million mark is coming sooner rather than later.

EDIT: just noticed at how big picture is lulz.

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad they're not supporting it properly with proper first and second party efforts. We'll just get another derivative but pretty Uncharted, which is fine. And other sequels. But truly, this is easily, EASILY, the worst console generation by far in regards to 1st party title support and it's truly ridiculous given that this generation isn't nearly as painful for game development as it was last three generations.

At least on the flip side I don't need to waste money on consoles this generation for fear of missing any titles since 95% of anything worthwhile finally comes to PC and I expect that trend to continue.

When Sony killed off the Vita after the first year (from proper support that didn't consist of giving Indie developers a pass) I knew they've gone back down the rabbit hole. They fight tooth and nail, make a huge dent into Nintendo's handheld market, make a tidy profit on the PSP, and then throw it alllll away after just a year with the Vita. Ridiculous and they've proven to do the same with the PSN and PS4. They're doing absolutely the least to support their platforms and are just cashing licensing checks from third party developers since they're on top again. A true tragedy since a Sony on the brink and fighting for life or for its future is truly a Sony worth admiring and gaining benefit as a gamer.

Last edited by goober,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
35.9? I know we take a somewhat dim view of console sales threads because arbitrary numbers are arbitrary but that is just reaching for an impressive number to have to announce Christmas sales. I now have to wonder if 5.9m is a poor number compared to years past, however I am far too lazy to look that up right now.

Edit. The laziness abated for a few seconds. Hmm http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...soft-in-holiday-console-sales.html/?a=viewall
Are they worried would be compared to android or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/