PS4 Save Backup And Injecting Hypothesis

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by TheVinAnator, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TheVinAnator
    OP

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    I could be totally wrong but from what I see I don't know why this isn't used more. Can we not share saved data? Pretty much on the PS4 it allows you to copy saves onto a usb device and "use on a friend's ps4". So in theory, could people not back up their saves to a usb stick, copy what the ps4 made onto the computer, upload to some site and have others download and slap on a usb stick to use your saves? This can help for people wanting 100% saves, or people who lost their saves and want to get back where they were. I mean if I'm looking at this correctly this seems to be very underused and is kind of like a save manager, sadly we cannot actually edit the saves but I mean we can surely access them, so maybe that could lead to something? I could be wrong but just putting it out there. :P

2. Sloth7

Sloth7 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    Slovenia
    Nope, this worked on the PS3.
    But on the PS4 the saves are user locked +not to mention the very annoying and useless region locks on the saves.

3. TheVinAnator
    OP

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    So by "friend's PS4" they mean, log into your account on a friend's PS4? And damn region lock too! Okay I see now. :P Interesting it works on PS3 though because I have an unmodded PS3 so it could be useful.

4. Sloth7

Sloth7 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    Slovenia
    You can share games but not the saves.
    Yeah, I think some game saves can be synced from PS3 to PS4.

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Just who's saves do you think they are? Yours? HAH! That's rich! No no no no no, they're all Sony's property and you'll use them only when, where, and how Sony deigns to allow you, and be happy for it.

TheVinAnator and digipimp75 like this.