Hacking PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/Backport Tool by RiPPERD - UPDATED V2.2

somo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do that manually or through the gp4. You may have to replace those files with 0 byte ones.
thanks godreborn, but I try to do that.

1. Extract base.pkg file with orbis-pub-cmd
2. Move the Sc0 folder to Image0/sce_sys folder
3. remove the Sc0 folder
4. Use gengp4 for generating the gp4 file for the Image0 folder
5. replace files I want with 0 byte ones
6 Generate the fpkg with orbis-pub-cmd or orbis-pub-gen

My problem is that in certain games i cannot save the current game and in games with updates I cannot remarry the update with the new base pkg.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this tool can do that yes and very easy but i think its quite long winded these days... real life got in the way so i have not kept up with the scene or updated my release sorry.

got some time off over xmas though so if someone can update me on what new tools are out now or the fastest way to extract and repack is? that was my tools biggest downfall... the packing speed etc

Phoenix1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
questo strumento può farlo sì e molto facile, ma penso che sia piuttosto lungo in questi giorni... la vita reale si è intromessa, quindi non ho tenuto il passo con la scena o aggiornato la mia versione, scusa.

ho avuto un po' di tempo libero per Natale, quindi se qualcuno può aggiornarmi su quali nuovi strumenti sono disponibili ora o il modo più veloce per estrarre e reimballare è? quella è stata la più grande rovina dei miei strumenti ... la velocità di imballaggio ecc
Hello and Merry Christmas. Thank you so much for the work you do. I wanted to ask you if your tool also works for games with fw 9.0, since the new jailbreak has come out I would be very interested in this tool to be able to do backports. Thank you very much

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and Merry Christmas. Thank you so much for the work you do. I wanted to ask you if your tool also works for games with fw 9.0, since the new jailbreak has come out I would be very interested in this tool to be able to do backports. Thank you very much
hello, im unsure as ive not tested but it SHOULD work with any fpkg file the firmware doesnt make a difference

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the Dead Rising 2 patch for download?
i dont have any patches mate i just made the tool so others could release them. unfortunately my job and family life changed so i dont have time for this anymore.

EDIT: sorry just realised you said DR2 not RDR2 lol i have it somewhere ill try dig it out

download the pkg file
make a copy of it just in case
use my app to open the file and extract
when it at the right bit, remove other languages etc or add mods
then use tool to repack smaller file

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm almost totally a semi-beginner here.
My question;
is it possible to make ps4 games that have a firmware above 7.xx Compatible for 6.52 with this tool?

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the game executable was originally built with an SDK higher than 7.55, you cannot rely on any automatic tool to backport it: complex manual reverse-engineering of the executable will be required.
So you better rely on some other sites to get a backported version.

IDontModLobbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have any patches mate i just made the tool so others could release them. unfortunately my job and family life changed so i dont have time for this anymore.

EDIT: sorry just realised you said DR2 not RDR2 lol i have it somewhere ill try dig it out

download the pkg file
make a copy of it just in case
use my app to open the file and extract
when it at the right bit, remove other languages etc or add mods
then use tool to repack smaller file

No worries bro, I appreciate you getting back with me. I am just having some difficulties understanding what to do. I used to love playing DR2 on my PS3 and would love to be able to mod it on my jailbroken PS4.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm almost totally a semi-beginner here.
My question;
is it possible to make ps4 games that have a firmware above 7.xx Compatible for 6.52 with this tool?

This tool as far as i know will back port games to work on 5.05 as this was all that was needed at the time of release, i havent tested on higher firmwares. sorry i cant be much more help

No worries bro, I appreciate you getting back with me. I am just having some difficulties understanding what to do. I used to love playing DR2 on my PS3 and would love to be able to mod it on my jailbroken PS4.

I have not looked for it yet but i will try now and get back to you

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that's a ps3 game, you'd need to use linux; if it was ported to ps4, you can decrypt the game with unfself (probably the eboot mostly), then use ghidra or IDA to manipulate it. ghidra is free and on github; IDA is not either. though, there's a free one floating around, at least for the ps3. I think IDA requires 7.x.x for ps4, and its loader like balika. if you have patches on hand, just unfself, then patch. if you use orbis, it will reencrypt as fself for you automatically; liborbispkg won't so if you use that, remember to fself the encrypted files, if any of them are manipulated.

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the Dead Rising 2 patch for download?

if that's a ps3 game, you'd need to use linux; if it was ported to ps4, you can decrypt the game with unfself (probably the eboot mostly), then use ghidra or IDA to manipulate it. ghidra is free and on github; IDA is not either. though, there's a free one floating around, at least for the ps3. I think IDA requires 7.x.x for ps4, and its loader like balika. if you have patches on hand, just unfself, then patch. if you use orbis, it will reencrypt as fself for you automatically; liborbispkg won't so if you use that, remember to fself the encrypted files, if any of them are manipulated.

here is the original file i made to make this with patches included. however its using an older version of the ripkit tool so maybe use a newer version if this 1 doesnt work but keep the .gp4 and .RiPPERD files as these are needed

https://www.mirrored.to/files/6MSIFWPN/Dead_Rising_2_-_PS4_MEGA_MOD_By_RiPPERD.rar_links

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mixed up the letters, and I was thinking it was red dead redemption 2, which I think I have. I don't believe I have dead rising 2.

IDontModLobbies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the 1.02 patch

This is the one I am trying to follow in order to get the mods working.

Dead Rising 2 - Mega Mod By RiPPERD

GAME ID (Should work with any version)
UP0102-CUSA04313_00-DEADRISING002PS4-A0100-V0102

Boosted Money Pickups
All Slot Machines Now Pay Out 100k or more
Weapons In Safehouse
Weapons In Royal Flush
Increased Attack Damage For Weapons
Increased PP For Weapons
PP Multiplied By 10
Unlimited Use of Weapons
Increased Health From Pickups
Increased Health For Survivors
Descreased Health For Bosses
Teleport From Bathroom of Safehouse
Pocket Any Item
No Vehicle Damage
No Key Needed For Vehicles
Exit From Safehouse Made Closer

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download and extract
** IMPORTANT ** - copy game to tool directory
(not the other way around)
Run the tool
Click APPLY RIPKIT
Wait... This will depend on your pc spec
(THE TOOL CANT CRASH SO WAIT)

you will now be left with a modded pkg with the full name so in my case:
UP0102-CUSA04313_00-DEADRISING002PS4-A0100-V0102.pkg

ENJOY!

Download:
https://www6.zippyshare.com/v/4SSWiLAW/file.html

Last edited by IDontModLobbies,

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find the 1.02 patch

This is the one I am trying to follow in order to get the mods working.
it works on base version of game mate, the "patch" this creates calls it 1.02 so it acts like an update... i think anyway... been long time since i used it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb