Ps4 Package Installation based on file size

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jmaverf, Aug 14, 2018.

1. jmaverf
    OP

jmaverf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United States
    I'm curious of how long does it normally take to install packages. For example I have 15 gb pkg installing and it nearly took me 5 hours to install it. Is that normal?

2. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2018
    Italy
    Definitely not: 15 GB in 5 H is ~840KB/s, that's roughly half the theoretical speed of USB 1.0 (12 Mbit/s), get "something" USB 3.0, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes...

3. jmaverf
    OP

jmaverf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United States
    Weird, my external hard drive has a usb 3.0. But the installation is really slow. I installed the packages by "installing all" does that affect the speed?

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You are probably using the wrong USB technology, USB 2.0 take forever, usb 3.0 take few minutes.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it only takes about 10-15 minutes for a 25GB install. it's probably faster than dumping the games, at least in my experience. I'm not sure if number of files matters. ff x is nearly 50GBs. I can't remember how long it takes to install, but it takes a while to dump due to the number of self files.

6. jmaverf
    OP

jmaverf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United States
    I messed up lol. I realized that I plug my external hard drive on my ps4 stand... lol My bad guys.