1. jmaverf

OP jmaverf Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm curious of how long does it normally take to install packages. For example I have 15 gb pkg installing and it nearly took me 5 hours to install it. Is that normal?

2. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Definitely not: 15 GB in 5 H is ~840KB/s, that's roughly half the theoretical speed of USB 1.0 (12 Mbit/s), get "something" USB 3.0, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes...

3. jmaverf

OP jmaverf Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Weird, my external hard drive has a usb 3.0. But the installation is really slow. I installed the packages by "installing all" does that affect the speed?

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You are probably using the wrong USB technology, USB 2.0 take forever, usb 3.0 take few minutes.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    it only takes about 10-15 minutes for a 25GB install. it's probably faster than dumping the games, at least in my experience. I'm not sure if number of files matters. ff x is nearly 50GBs. I can't remember how long it takes to install, but it takes a while to dump due to the number of self files.

6. jmaverf

OP jmaverf Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I messed up lol. I realized that I plug my external hard drive on my ps4 stand... lol My bad guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installation, Package, based