• Replies 6
  • Likes 1

webslingr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking bout jumping in soon...but hav a few questions...hoping not too far off-topic.
I hav a Pro on 7.0 with several games i installed from my discs. I also hav a Pro on 6.51 (from a MW bundle I just found) that I'm thinking bout 6.72 jb soon...when more stable...then plan to sell the 7.0 system. But now, am wondering:

1. Am I gonna lose all my game saves from the 7.0...or is there a way to transfer them without updating?
2. If I install all my disc games on the new 6.51 before I jb, will they be available after the jb...or should I install them after the jb?
3. Before I sell the 7.0, can i delete everything from the console...(re-format to factory)...without updating?

Thanx much in advance:)

D

Deleted User

OP
Thinking bout jumping in soon...but hav a few questions...hoping not too far off-topic.
I hav a Pro on 7.0 with several games i installed from my discs. I also hav a Pro on 6.51 (from a MW bundle I just found) that I'm thinking bout 6.72 jb soon...when more stable...then plan to sell the 7.0 system. But now, am wondering:

1. Am I gonna lose all my game saves from the 7.0...or is there a way to transfer them without updating?
2. If I install all my disc games on the new 6.51 before I jb, will they be available after the jb...or should I install them after the jb?
3. Before I sell the 7.0, can i delete everything from the console...(re-format to factory)...without updating?

Thanx much in advance:)

the first question is really confusing. But basically the way saves work is let us say you do the 6.72 jailbreak then you could bring saves from that up but can’t import saves from above to the 6.72 at least not without some sort of paid service/file manipulation. I hope that makes sense. So when you say lose well i guess if you get rid of that console then yes but why not back them up to usb?? Then at least you have them and can try doing things or hope for like a higher hack one day.

nothing wrong with waiting to install or installing first. I did not lose any of my preinstalled legit or fpkg when i went up to 6.72 on my phat. The ps4 can be wiped by reinitializing from recovery.

webslingr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx for the help seanp.

So, if i understand...best to back up the game saves to usb...maybe can use them later if can jb at 7.0 or higher in future.
And the last part...using the 7.0 Firmware Revovery pup file will wipe out everything...so would be ready to sell.

Thanx again:)

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanx for the help seanp.

So, if i understand...best to back up the game saves to usb...maybe can use them later if can jb at 7.0 or higher in future.
And the last part...using the 7.0 Firmware Revovery pup file will wipe out everything...so would be ready to sell.

I don’t even know if you truly need a key with pup but that will work i guess i believe the setting you seek is to initialize

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/restore_system.html

webslingr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok seanp...see that now.

For some reason I was thinking the Initialize option was also gonna update the system to newest fw...but it doesn't read that way. So, maybe that's the easiest fix before selling the 7.0. Just figured would be best to not update that system...cuz the buyer may know that the 7.02 jb could still happen....webkit pending.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel