Hacking PS4 FW 4.73 and updating

raedhosny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi

I have PS4 with FW 4.73, disable auto updating feature; as it requires to update for 5.53 , i know there is already exploit for FW 5.01, my question is shall i update to 5.01 or keep waiting for upcoming exploits

Thanks

Ukiwf1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi

I have PS4 with FW 4.73, disable auto updating feature; as it requires to update for 5.53 , i know there is already exploit for FW 5.01, my question is shall i update to 5.01 or keep waiting for upcoming exploits

Thanks

Just update 5.53, they never relase the exploit, so why not to update..

Ukiwf1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think they are released it

ps4.editzz.net

No one have ever said that they gonna relase exploit (everyone just hope). I think maybe then when ps5 comes.. 27.4.... I dont know why peoples thought that exploit comes that day.. People say that dont update but why not update?? There are no exploit, and they dont relase that 2018.. New games come all the time, just update and buy and enjoy.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Thanks

And 5.05 is already exploit and in private as well.

Reactions: KiiWii

Timilrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
No one have ever said that they gonna relase exploit (everyone just hope). I think maybe then when ps5 comes.. 27.4.... I dont know why peoples thought that exploit comes that day.. People say that dont update but why not update?? There are no exploit, and they dont relase that 2018.. New games come all the time, just update and buy and enjoy.

Because some people have a huge backlog and/or a bunch of other obligations, so they're not in a hurry to get the latest titles :)
Or some silly special reasons - like the fact that I bought The Witcher 3 and the expansions day one on PC, but since it died, having a backup solution on the PS4 is not such a bad thing :D.
Or simply, because money is a huge issue to some people and they never intended on buying originals anyway.

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What I find disturbing is of all hackers in the world, no one else has achieved this already. I think 4.55 only got released because failoverflow released 4.05. Same with plutoo’s 3.0 hack, it would still be eternally kept hidden if it wasn’t for the other groups stepping up. We need to mass request team Failoverflow to get their hands on the PS4 again, otherwise we’re stuck on 4.55 for a very long time.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about, rather than throwing abusive language around and giving bad, shallow advice, we give the OP a perspective.

If you want to play the latest games, use all the online features, etc...then go ahead and update. As a general rule, though, the lower your firmware, the better your odds of getting a CFW that works on your system.

So there's no right or wrong answer. But updating will signifigantly reduce your chances of getting CFW on your console. If that risk is worth it, update. Otherwise, do not.

Reactions: KiiWii

raedhosny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ok i have updated the firmware from 4.73 to 5.01 to get the chance for the exploit to work, the exploit worked but the Debuging menu item is not shown; later i know the exploit is just an entry point without real kernal exploit, one question some people does not believe that kernal exploit will not be released soon !

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as you know the hackers' harddrive crashed, you know it can't be released anymore. (atleast if they don't have backups of the hacks)
They better do before that actually happens.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As soon as you know the hackers' harddrive crashed, you know it can't be released anymore. (atleast if they don't have backups of the hacks)
They better do before that actually happens.

I'm sure there are a select group out there with a copy of the files each, and no doubt its privately uploaded somewhere for them to run it via browser.

Based on previous scene releases its no stretch to come up with a shortlist of people who more-than-likely have access to it.

I have my hunches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou