Gaming PS4 FPKG Saves Work on PS5

kylum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Since my original post Apollo Save Tool v0.8.0 and higher has had the ability to import/export keystones. This makes the whole process outlined below much easier, quicker, and everything done from the ps4 minus a way to get files to and from. Though I have not tested this and may not since I don’t plan in updating my 4.03 PS5 anytime soon! But if I get board I might test it with Hogwarts Legacy on my sons PS5

Not sure where the best place is to post this info but i figured since this is about PS5 here will do unless the Mods want to move it.

So i wanted to finally finish Bloodborne and since its free for PS Plus users on the PS5 I wanted to finish my progress there. I had my PS4 offline activated and thought that a simple transfer of my save would work. Well it didn't. After some research and no one else had tried this that i could find here or any other forums. I decided to test some things to see if it would work. Here is what i did to get it working. FYI, trophies are stored on PSN so if your a trophy whore and want to keep your trophies, too bad!!! This approach has been used and talked about going from PS4 CFW to PS4 legit but only goes over injecting or replacing the keystone into the FPKG. My backup of Bloodborne CUSA00900 didn't have the original keystone and also couldn't be edited thanks to the person that dumped it. If your backup was done correctly then most if not everything below wont even pertain to you.

1. Make sure your PS4 is jailbreakable and both your PS4 and PS5 have the same account ID.
2. Get legit keystone for the version of the game. Obviously the CUSAXXXXX have to match to work!!!
3. On PS4 use PlayStation 4 SaveMounter to mount your save for the game of your choice. (ps4debug.bin needed)
4. While leaving SaveMounter open and connected, FTP the legit keystone to: /mnt/pfs/savedata_xxxxxx_CUSAxxxxx_xxxxxxx/sce_sys OR /mnt/sandbox/NPXS20001_000/savedata0/sce_sys (Locations are the same files so only one is need)
5. Un-mount save in PlayStation 4 SaveMounter
6. Restart PS4
7. DO NOT START THE GAME OR THE KEYSTONE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN!!!
8. Copy your newly created save to USB within PS4 settings
9. Copy save to PS5 storage in PS5 settings (this will be under the PS4 options on the PS5)
10. Enjoy.

Not sure if this could lead to any sort of ban so stay away from any cheats for sure.

NOTE: There are different versions of programs needed based on firmware your PS4 is on so i will not link to them. I wont tell you how to use any of these programs as they all have instructions on their github page. This is just a general guide and you must do a little research of your own.

Last edited by kylum,

Creelfo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question does having the same account id mean being created by the same account and how can i know if its the same id

kylum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question does having the same account id mean being created by the same account and how can i know if its the same id
Easiest way to know the ID is to transfer saves to an external drive. On ps5, only ps4 saves can be transferred to external drive. The save folder name for the user is the ID. If they match then your good. If they don’t then you will have to create a new account on the ps4 and follow a guide to offline activate and you will want to do so using the account used on the PS5. Guide will show you how to do that. Then you will have to use Apollo Save tool on the new PS4 account to transfer your save. Once your save is working on the new PS4 account you can proceed with the rest of the guide I posted above. Though your mileage may vary pending you have a valid keystone which my guide shows you how to address if you can obtain a valid keystone.

Note: Apollo Save Tool can offline activate for you but you must activate with the account ID from your ps5. Obtained from the saves you backed up to your external drive. Remember only ps4 saves can be backed up from the PS5 so must at least have one ps4 save on your ps5.

How do you know if your keystone is valid you ask? If you’re using FKPG assume it’s not legit (which I don’t think any actually can be since they are not actually properly signed) and if your save is from a disk or legit digital copy you’re good!

Edit: since my original post Apollo Save Tool v0.8.0 and higher has had the ability to import/export keystones. This makes the whole process outlined above much easier, quicker, and everything done from the ps4 minus a way to get files to and from. Though I have not tested this and may not since I don’t plan in updating my 4.03 PS5 anytime soon! But if I get board I might test it with Hogwarts Legacy on my sons PS5

Last edited by kylum,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: