• Likes 1

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Package Installer?

You can install legit packages, however without a licence their currently not usable sadly.

I installed the Silent Hill PT Demo, however can't load it up as my PS4 has no licence.

Still it's progress all the same :)

Last edited by InsaneNutter,
Reactions: Deleted-355425
D

Deleted-355425

You can install legit packages, however without a licence their currently not usable sadly.

I installed the Silent Hill PT Demo, however can't load it up as my PS4 has no licence.

Still it's progress all the same :)

Oooo I'd love that demo, I never got to play it!

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Oooo I'd love that demo, I never got to play it!

Same here, I only managed to get a PS4 on an exploitable firmware yesterday, firmware 1.05 believe it or not.

I mirrored the PT demo a while ago, hoping it would eventually be playable when the PS4 got hacked: P.T. Silent Hills PS4 Demo Download

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I'm on 1.52... I'm scared to update incase something goes wrong lol, I'll blow the dust off it one day I'm sure.

I don't think you can really mess up if the PS4 is not connected to the internet. You can change the hard drive on the PS4 (with Sony's blessing) then re install the firmware / system files on the new hard drive. When re installing the update just has to be the same as or newer than the current firmware the PS4 is currently on.

I updated through the PS4's safe mode via a USB memory stick, the PS4 even showed the version of the update I was about to install, asking if I would like to proceed:

2j5b9uc.jpg

Link: PlayStation 4: 1.76 System Update & Recovery Download

D

Deleted-355425

I don't think you can really mess up if the PS4 is not connected to the internet. You can change the hard drive on the PS4 (with Sony's blessing) then re install the firmware / system files on the new hard drive. When re installing the update just has to be the same as or newer than the current firmware the PS4 is currently on.

I updated through the PS4's safe mode via a USB memory stick, the PS4 even showed the version of the update I was about to install, asking if I would like to proceed:

2j5b9uc.jpg

Link: PlayStation 4: 1.76 System Update & Recovery Download

Ohhh that's good then, I thought you got a blind message saying update blah blah, and just hope you used the correct firmware file from the Internet :P

Thanks for the link.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always nice to be able to change X-O confirmation buttons :) (i assume this is in the menu, it usually is)
Just a small FYI, you can change them now with the Accessibility menu. I have my sprint (O) button and the L3 click trigger switched for Destiny.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just a small FYI, you can change them now with the Accessibility menu. I have my sprint (O) button and the L3 click trigger switched for Destiny.
you mean remapping?
you can do that on the vita too, but it's not the same, i can explain if you want :)
devs can read the confirmation button of the console, and set that button as accept, and the other button as cancel.
so playing on a jap console or usa console, accept will be what you are used to O, or X. but in the game, jumping will always be X (for example)
but if you remap to what you like, jump would now be O, and the text displayed in game (press X to jump) will be incorrect.

changing the confirmation button is useful, i prefer O as accept and X as cancel.
but still, some games/devs ignore this and hard code the value, persona 4 for vita i had to remap because it didn't check the system's confirmation button. - not a big problem because that game is not too much action. but still, the japanese version of persona 4 of course would use O as accept, really no reason why the devs don't read that value on the fly, sony has functions for this, i guess they just don't enforce it.

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: eco95 and BORTZ

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
An improved PS4 Playground With FTP Server and Debug Settings has been released: http://wololo.net/2016/05/06/release-ps4-playground-ftp-server-debug-settings/

I've hosted my own mirror of this, mainly for personal use. However if anyone wants to use it then feel free, it can be found at http://ps4.insanenutter.com/

In addition if you have a good router that can do host overrides then set manuals.playstation.net to override to 178.32.55.197

2j1u2y9.jpg

Doing that will allow you to load my PS4 Playground mirror by simply going to Settings > Userguide on your PS4.

This saves you having to Settings > Userguide, finding a link to YouTube on the Playstation website, then finding a link to Google, before finally trying to find the PS4 playground mirror you wish to access on Google.

You can self host and redirect manuals.playstation.net to a webserver on your local network too.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1